This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Crossroads Bible Church / Crossroads Christian Academy
Panama City, Panama, International
Date Posted: 12/18/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
We are grateful for your interest in the position of Youth Pastor of Crossroads Bible Church. We would like to invite you to pray about the possibility of serving the Lord with us.
Crossroads Bible Church began on the former, Panama Canal Zone, in 1946 as Curundu Protestant Chapel. In 1973, the church was asked to relocate from the military installation to its present location on the corner of Gailliard Highway and Rybiki Road, and was renamed Crossroads Bible Church. It was constructed by the members of the church. The following 25 years saw fruitful ministry and much transition in the country of Panama.
In 1999-2000 Crossroads Bible church was in transition. Historically the church had been a predominately English-speaking church ministering to U.S. Army personnel, Americans living and working in the Canal Zone, and to a lesser extent the English speaking International community. Due to agreements made between the U.S. and Panama many years prior, the U.S. phased out its presence in Panama in the 1990's and as of January 1, 2000 the U.S. military presence disappeared completely from Panama. As a result Crossroads was a church with a very uncertain future.
During the last ten years the church has regained momentum with a broad cross-section of English-speaking internationals (U.S. Embassy, International business, Missionaries, Unicef, etc.) and has also experienced significant growth in the Spanish-speaking portion of the congregation. The church now has approximately 800 attendees on an average Sunday morning.
In August of 2004 Mark & Kelli Warder joined the CBC staff to fill the need to minister to the youth of the church. During their tenure the youth group has experienced tremendous numerical and spiritual growth. All in all some 40 leaders minister to nearly 300 students who claim to be a part of Crossfire.
In addition to the weekly Wednesday night worship-teaching-small group times, Crossfire has become known for many special activities. Twice-yearly retreats, begun in 2004, are high points in the Crossfire year. Short-term mission trips annually travel to Peru to minister through a local church there. Sunday school classes meet weekly, divided between middle and high school students. Discipleship courses are offered on Wednesday nights for students who want to take their relationship with Christ to the next level. Once a month a group of students leads worship at a fledgling church in Curundu, a slum area of Panama City where Crossroads has begun a work. During Panamanian summer students help the children’s ministry host Bible Fun Club, an outreach to neighborhood kids similar to Vacation Bible School.
As Mark and Kelli prepare to leave, we see how God has grown the youth of Crossroads in the areas of worship, service, leadership, and discipleship. We are thrilled with the legacy they leave us, and eagerly anticipate the next phase of development for this ministry.
We are currently looking to fill the postion of YOUTH PASTOR here at Crossroads Bible Church, Corozal, Panama
* Has a growing relationship with the Lord, Jesus Christ.
* Has a commitment to total, moral, purity.
* Has a solid marriage and manages the family well (if married).
* Baccalaureate degree; graduate degree desirable.
* Endorses and supports the mission statement, core values and statement of faith as they appear in the CBC constitution.
* Must be able to relate to the denominationally diverse congregation of CBC. Maintains friendly personal relationships with those of other theological persuasions. This implies that the individual be flexible and be able to relate comfortably with Catholics, Charismatics, etc.
* Experience and demonstrated success in working with youth; two years experience in leading youth ministry desired.
* Must be able to relate to the culturally diverse youth of CBC and the community.
*Must make a commitment to serve at least four years in a full-time capacity at CBC.
* This implies that the individual is comfortable in relating to both English and Spanish-speaking young people. Functionally bilingual English and Spanish (ideal but not required).
CBC wishes to strengthen and expand Crossfire, its ministry to the youth of the church and the community. The goal is a youth-led vibrant group of young people committed to Christ, growing in their personal walk with Him, and reaching out to their friends. Specific responsibilities to include:
* Recruit, develop and coordinate adult volunteer leaders and prayer support.
* Meet with and communicate with Crossfire parents on a regular basis.
* Identify and disciple a core group of young people and train them for ministry.
* Personally teach and lead activities as necessary to ensure a thriving youth ministry.
* Work in cooperation with the administration of Crossroads Christian Academy to assist in the spiritual formation of the CCA secondary students.
* Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, pastors’ meetings, elders’ meetings, etc.
* Represent the youth ministry to the church and the community.
*Assist the leadership of CBC in knowing how to best support the youth ministry.
Be assured that we will review your information with great care and time in prayer as we consider you for this position. Please let us know if you have any questions by clicking on the Contact Us link at the top of the page. Blessings on you as you continue to seek the Lord's will regarding service at CCA.
To Apply for this position please click on the link below "Apply for this Job" and submit your resume and cover letter.