This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Part time Worship Music Leader
San Jose Christian Reformed Church
San Jose, California, United States
Date Posted: 05/11/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
San Jose Christian Reformed Church has been in existence for over 50 years. We belong to the Christian Reformed denomination and have a rich tradition of worship with the Word of God at its center. Our music comes from a long tradition of hymns and songs.
A few years ago we at San Jose CRC decided that we needed to bring more contemporary music into our worship, while building on the gifts of our tradition. We decided to look for a worship leader who could bring his/her knowledge of contemporary music to help us in this effort. The last several years we have been developing a blended music style in our services and we wish to continue it – building on our tradition while expanding in contemporary and global worship.
Hours & Pay Rate
• Pay rate: $20-25 per hour, depending on experience.
• Hours: Expected to be approximately 12 hours per week.
• Lead our worship and singing during the Sunday services, working with our volunteer musicians (instrumentalists and vocalists).
• Practice with the teams on Thursday nights.
• Practice with the teams before the services on Sunday
• Work with pastor and/or team to develop worship liturgy each week.
• Work with the person who prepares the slides.
• Coordinate and schedule the volunteer musicians (instrumentalists and vocalists) according to their availability.
• Work with the person in charge of our sound system and other team members to determine the best set up for sound and audio equipment, stage usage and so on.
• Meet periodically with the pastor and Worship & Arts Team chair and/or another representative of the Worship Team and/or Personnel Committee or Council representative to review how things are going and any concerns or suggestions regarding job performance.