This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Harvest Bible Chapel
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 05/08/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Student Director/Pastor
Report to: Executive Pastor
Works with: Student Ministries
Supervises: Junior High Director
Position Status: Full Time
Summary of Position:
The Student Pastor provides leadership and shepherding for Harvest Bible Chapel Naperville. They should partner with families, functioning as a resource and equipping parents to be the spiritual leaders of their homes, leading their own students towards spiritual maturity. They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Vision and Values of Harvest.
• Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
• Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
• Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
• Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
• 5 years full time ministry experience
• A successful track record of leading a Student Ministry of 150 or more
• As a minimum applicants should have an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry
• Applicants should have strengths in the following areas: leadership, administration, teaching, as well as strong relational abilities.
• Articulate in writing their philosophy of ministry and the strategy and steps that properly reflect that philosophy. Applicants should be able to demonstrate how they have already accomplished this in their current or past ministry settings.
• Align with the vision, mission, values, and doctrinal statement of Harvest Bible Chapel
• Enlist, equip, and empower a team of volunteers to own and lead the High School ministry and invest in the lives of High School students
• Manage, invest in, and coach a paid staff team [student ministry as a whole]
• Develop Student Leadership within the High School Ministry in which students are learning to be the church and invest in people around them.
• Develop partnerships with parents, resourcing and leading them to shepherd their students well
• Develop and execute an annual calendar of environments and events for the High School Ministry that works in symmetry with the overall Student Ministry, and helps accomplish the vision and goals of the ministry. This would include, but not be limited to, both on going large group and small group environments, camps, mission trips, retreats, and outreach events.
• Successfully develop and nurture relationships with parents, students, volunteers, and the paid staff of the church.
• Serve as the primary teaching pastor for this area of ministry within the church
• Communicate the Gospel and biblical principles in a creative and culturally relevant manner to High School students