This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Pastor
Martinsville, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 05/08/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Missionary Church
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Faith Church is a growing Jesus community (of about 270-300 people) committed to missionally impacting and transforming our community and world with the love of Jesus. We are looking for a passionate man or woman who lives a lifestyle of worship. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively minister to 16-29 year olds, as well as children and adults of older generations. We are seeking a staff member who demonstrates creativity and energy, as well as wisdom and maturity.
Faith Church is located in Martinsville (pop. 15-18,000), Indiana, a bedroom community of Indianapolis. We have access to world class sporting events, arts and culture within 30 minutes in both Indianapolis and Bloomington. Martinsville is a family-values community and is pursuing various progressive paths to advance our quality of life in industry, education and culture.
Interested candidates in the below described position should email the following items to Ken Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) a resume
2) a video or mp3 of you leading worship or singing
3) a family picture (or individual, if single)
Staff Ministry Description
Pastor of Worship Arts (rev. 05/09)
The Pastor of Worship Arts (PWA) will oversee and lead all ministries dedicated to inspiring people to worship God. Firstly, he or she will lead a team that is committed to creatively planning weekend Worship Gatherings that become God moments so that people—Jesus followers and those exploring faith—will be inspired to worship God and to pursue deeper intimacy with Him. Secondly, the PWC will partner with other staff and volunteers to create worship environments for adults, students and children. Thirdly, to leverage his or her gifts in an area of ministry (outside of worship) that corresponds to a secondary passion of the employee.
Accountable To Lead Pastor
Passion For Leading people to worship Jesus so that those who do not know Him desire to know Him, and so that those who follow Him will center their lives around His presence and purpose in their lives.
Spiritual Gifts Leadership, and at least one of the following: Teaching, Administration, Evangelism or Faith.
Talents and Abilities Gifted worship leader with strong vocal skills
and competency in playing a lead instrument
Excellent communicator with an aptitude for
guiding spiritual moments in a gathering
A leader with the proven ability to influence a
group of people to embrace and fulfill a vision
Evidence of a missional lifestyle
Hours 45-50+ per week
1. A bachelor’s degree, or significant comparable experience and/or training, in the area of music or music ministry
2. Two or more years experience leading—or playing a key role on—a Worship Design Team that plans and prepares for weekly services
3. A proven track record of developing a team of volunteers for higher capacity and of preparing that team regularly to lead worship gatherings
4. Possess a familiarity with and commitment to Faith Church’s Philosophy of Worship Arts and to living a missional lifestyle
1. To provide primary leadership and vision to Faith’s Worship Team
a. to passionately and creatively inspire those who are gathered together to worship God in spirit and truth
b. to recruit and train new team members to provide a greater variety of strengths, and a greater depth so that team members do not serve every Sunday
c. to shepherd the individuals of this team so that a community experience would exist
2. To lead our Programming Team, which meets monthly to creatively design Worship Gatherings that will reach those exploring faith and that will be powerful experiences for those who already follow Jesus.
3. To oversee, primarily through delegating, Faith’s Tech Team, Support Team, and occasional Drama Team.
4. To work with the Lead Pastor in the envisioning and implementing of other opportunities, such as Venue Worship Gatherings, to draw people to God.
5. To partner with and empower volunteer teams to release their gifts to create environments for worship for children and students.
6. Generally, to fulfill ministry opportunities as directed by the Senior Pastor or Elders.