This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Business Administration Executive
Zion Christian Church
Troy, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 05/07/2009
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB DESCRIPTION: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION EXECUTIVE (BAE)
• The Business Administration Executive (BAE) shall be dedicated to furthering the work and witness of the church by applying biblical principles in the area of administration.
• The BAE shall report directly to the Board of Directors.
• The BAE shall coordinate and facilitate the day-to-day operations and activities of the church in support of the Strategic Vision of the Senior Pastor and Board of Directors (Executive Team).
• The BAE must be a strategic thinker with the ability to communicate well both verbally and written.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Business oversight of ZCC and the ZCC Preschool and Childcare. Supervise the church office staff, Preschool staff, and volunteers.
• Manage Preschool profitability and compliance to State and Federal Regulations.
• Oversee and execute the administration of the church through appropriate staff, lay leadership teams, and consultants.
• Supervise the maintenance and security of buildings, grounds and equipment.
• Supervise the Office Manager, Director of Financial Services, Project Manager, Facilities Manager and Director of Preschool.
• Review contracts for conformity with church policy. Inclusive of securing outside legal counsel and control of legal communications.
• Maintain files of official church records and documents.
• Manage Corporate Liability, Workers Compensation, facilities & equipment insurance and supervise all risk prevention activities.
• Supervise staff in HR/personnel. This includes job descriptions, goals/objectives, performance evaluations, performance metrics and recommended improvements to staff.
• Develop ZCC personnel through training, coaching, and mentoring.
• Develop new and innovative marketing programs that parallel the strategic vision of ZCC.
• Assure preservation of the tax exempt status of the church..
• Initiate and lead the annual budget preparation. Track budget with department heads during the fiscal year.
• Supervise staff in accounting, bookkeeping and business operations and coordinate with outside accounting consultants to maintain good accounting records.
• Ensure accuracy and submission of monthly financial reports to Board of Directors.
• Provide recommendations in day to day purchases, investment and financial decisions. Negotiate major asset purchases and building projects.
• Manage fundraising, cash flow, contributions, insurance, banking, financing, payroll, and leases.
• Assist with long range financial goals and objectives that are aligned with the strategic vision of ZCC.
• Attend meetings of the Board of Directors of Zion Christian Church Foundation as requested.
• Master’s of Business Administration preferred. Bachelor’s accepted with reasonable business and relevant church experience history.
• The BAE must be able to work well under pressure and multi-task. Must have the ability to set goals and prioritize tasks. Must be task oriented with high standards of precision and excellence.
• The BAE must be proficient in the use of computer technology inclusive of Microsoft Office database applications and a solid understanding of financial data management and reporting systems. The BAE will be expected to become one of the internal experts of the ACS system currently in use at ZCC.
• Candidate must have business planning, accounting, budgeting, strategic planning, forecasting skills, profit center and cost control experience.
• Perform other appropriate duties and responsibilities of administration inclusive of organization, negotiation, analytical, problem solving, and effective management skills with an attention to detail.
• Experience in leading and managing personnel. Strong interpersonal skills are important.
• Candidate must have goals and objectives that are in-sync with the vision, heartbeat and theology of ZCC. It is expected that the candidate will be active in Zion Fellowship after offer of employment.
Prefer candidates from the mid-west region.