This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Loganville, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 01/12/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
The Orchard is searching for a full-time Children's Pastor with the creativity and leadership skills to work in a progressive, disciple making, and mission minded church environment. The Orchard is a seven year old church and we act like it. We are a casual clothes, loud music, tons of kids, focused outward, volunteer intensive, high expectation, risk taking, younger than most churches congregation. We are located in Loganville, GA. - a suburb of Atlanta.
The new children's pastor will lead over 80 adult volunteers and about 120-150 children each week. We host about 500 people in worship and have grown at a rate of about 20% per year over our lifespan.
The primary responsibilities of the new children's pastor will be...
- to recruit, lead, and train adults to create outstanding learning and discipleship environments for children.
- to help grow The Orchard by growing children's ministry areas in number and depth with an entrepreneurial spirit towards unchruched, dechurched, and non-believing families.
- to work with the lead pastor and staff team to develop a contextual, indigenous vision for long-term relevancy, discipleship, and growth.
The current scope of the ministry includes 6 weeks - 5th grade environments on Sunday mornings, a "growing deep" environment for k-5th graders on Wednesday Night. Non-weekly ministries include Vacation Bible Camp (200 children last year), Breakfast with Santa (about 200 children), Great Egg Hunt (major outreach with 3000 in attendance), and periodic age appropriate retreats, trips, and outreach projects. We think that Back Yard Bible Clubs could be an important part of our future mission. We want to be Orange and supscribe to 252.
Important characteristics for Orchard staff:
1. Love God
2. Love People
3. Passionate About Lost People.
4. Empower Volunteers to Lead
5. Vision Minded
6. Growth Minded
7. Strategically Minded
8. Team Player
9. Self Starter
Send resume' to email@example.com
Thanks for your interest,
Ben Cathey - Lead Pastor