This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministries
First Christian Church of Napa
Napa, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/30/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
First Christian Church of Napa is a non-denominational church of 600. FCC exist to help people ENCOUNTER God, GROW with one another and SERVE others. We are located 60 miles north of San Francisco. In the Napa Valley there are about 10,000 middle and high school students and only a small fraction have any type of church connection at all.
The person who joins our staff team as a full time Pastor of Student Ministries will provide leadership and oversight to ministries related to middle school and high school students.
We are seeking a highly relational, dynamic, dedicated and creative student ministries pastor who can effectively communicate the gospel message and scriptural principles to students. This position administers and develops all facets of student ministries focusing primarily on large group services, evangelistic events, outreach, small group Bible studies and discipleship for both middle school and high school.
• Oversee student ministry which includes teaching, scheduling, programming and worship.
• Care for students by way of mentoring, prayer, counseling, relationship building and visitation.
• Recruit, equip and mentor lay leaders
• Plan and execute events and activities for students such as camps, retreats, outreach, and recreation
• Prepare and maintain a ministry budget.
• A bachelor's degree in student ministries or related field.
• Have a heart for young people and seeing transformation in their lives.
• Excellent leadership, public speaking/teaching, relational, creative, and a heart for discipleship.
• Must be a team player and able to relate well with staff, parents, and students.
• Must be able to manage the ministry and staff.
• Must be able to verbally communicate scripture and Biblical principles effectively through weekly teaching and preaching.
• Must demonstrate the ability to think strategically.