This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Strengthening Families
Gloria Dei Luheran Church
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/30/2009
Categories: Family Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, a 3000+ member Christian community in suburban Houston, is seeking a proven, enthusiastic leader who passionately follows Jesus Christ as our Director of Strengthening Families. As we seek to fulfill our mission, this
person will partner with our Pastor of Strengthening Families to develop, direct and oversee the congregation’s
Our DSF will be a member of the Leadership Team. Working with the Senior Pastor, the Executive Director of
Ministry, Pastor of Strengthening Families, and lay leaders; our DSF will work to develop the staff (both paid and
unpaid) necessary to execute the church’s vision for family ministry. Partnering with the Pastor of Strengthening
Families he/she will work to create and sustain magnetic environments for spiritual formation.
1. Agrees with the vision, mission, values and core beliefs of the congregation and the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod.
2. Has a passion for seeing people grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and for reaching out with His love to
congregation members, as well as the unchurched.
3. Models an enthusiastic leadership style that inspires the confidence of others.
4. Has a minimum of 3-7 years of successful leadership experience building teams, planning and implementing to impact
5. Minimum education includes a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
6. Has a documentable track record of excellence in administration, recruiting, equipping and training.
7. Evidences the ability to work with a team.
8. Eager to be a neighborhood missionary!
Complete Ministry Description is available at gdlc.org