This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth Ministry Director/Pastor
Grace Presbyterian Church
Vista, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/28/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
BASIC FUNCTION: With both feet planted firmly in Christ and His love, our hope and prayer is that this person will love, serve, lead, teach, pray, play, converse and walk with our youth as they grow and develop their relationship with Jesus. Youth is defined as students ranging from middle school through college age.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 year experience working with youth in a church or para-church environment. The perfect candidate should have dynamic bilingual communication skills in both English and Spanish.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to Senior Pastor and is accountable to the Discipleship Committee.
SUPERVISES: Youth volunteer teams.
1. To actively participate on the Ministry Team as a team player.
2. To lead a volunteer staff of volunteers through a clear mission and vision for the youth ministry.
3. To reach the youth of our community through innovating and creating ministries that serve a practical function for our
community’s youth—some ideas are as follows: tutoring, after schools programs, sports leagues, est.
4. Works closely with the Senior Pastor in leading and developing a Youth Program that provides:
Mission and service opportunities
5. Provide camp opportunities as well as counsel at camps that our youth attend.
4. Spend time meeting students on their own turf (contact work to build
5. Maintain a clean driving record.
6. Help organize and carry out annual youth fund raiser.
7. Attend staff meetings and Discipleship meetings.
8. Participate/teach and help run our mid-week youth programs.
9. Support and attend when needed church ministry functions.
10. Participate in Worship and the life of our community of faith.
11. Keep track of youth expenditures and annual budgets.
12. Calendar and maintain (in conjunction with the Business Administrator)
the youth site on our web.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Pastor Tom Straeter: email@example.com