This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Church Business Office Assistant
First Presbyterian Church
Berkeley, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/27/2009
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley
Business Office Assistant
Non-Exempt Position – 30 hrs per week
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the bookkeeper in ensuring the accuracy of the financial activities of First Pres & Cornerstone Children’s Center. Detail orientation and a desire for accuracy are essential components for this job. This position also provides accounting project support for the Director of Administration.
• Accurately enter accounting data into the database (contributions, accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entries, etc.)
• Maintain current all database information in GlobaFile (Shelby database)
• Prepare accounts payable, issue checks, get signatures and mail checks
• Prepare and distribute contribution statements and envelopes
• Issue 1099s and complete DE 542 reports
• Maintain business office filing system
• Prepare and compile information and reports as needed, using all aspects of both the Shelby database and Excel
• Be aware of and follow proper confidentiality procedures.
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
DESIRED SKILL SET:
• 2-3 years administrative and or accounting experience
• Ability to understand and interpret financial data
• Basic accounting understanding about numbers and detail orientation
• Ability to prioritize special projects and regular work
• Good people skills with an ability to work with staff and volunteers – a service orientation
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to take direction and also work independently
• Proactive in bringing problems to the attention to the bookkeeper
• Proactive in special project planning and troubleshooting
• Good computer skills and IT savvy
• Working knowledge of html
• Accounting/database software program experience – Shelby knowledge a big plus
• Proficient knowledge of many software programs including: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Windows 2000 and Adobe Acrobat and willing and able to learn new software applications
• Personal faith in Jesus Christ
Schedule: 4 days per week, hours to be set by mutual agreement – Monday and Tuesday are required days.
Reports to: Bookkeeper & works closely with Director of Administration.
Other: Full background check is required for employment. Benefits.