This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Washington Ave UMC
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 04/24/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: under 50
Job Type: Part-Time
The following are the roles, responsibilities, and expectations for the Director of Music position at Washington Avenue United Methodist Church. The church has developed these requirements based on our mutual belief that proper and engaging worship is a necessity at any church. We appreciate a multitude of music styles and understand that the praise of God can be accomplished in many ways. Below are the core skills and requirements that we have identified.
• Excellent keyboard skills with piano and electronic keyboard.
• Competency with traditional and contemporary forms of worship.
• Selection of weekly hymns in collaboration with Pastors (4-5 per service).
• Conducting small choir (8-10 persons).
• Selection and preparation of weekly anthems (September – May).
• Familiarity with the Christian church and liturgical year.
Optional but desirable
• Competency with Organ.
• Familiarity with United Methodist Church and Hymnal.
Job Requirements (Weekly, 10 hours)
• Lead Sunday morning traditional worship music @ 9:15am (2 hrs.).
• Participate in Wednesday night contemporary worship service @ 6:00pm (1 hrs.).
• Choir rehearsal. Flexible (1 hrs.).
• Praise band rehearsal. Flexible(1 hrs.).
• Individual preparation, practice, and planning (5 hrs.).
• Additional worship services during high holy times (i.e. Christmas Eve & Easter).
• Monthly worship committee meeting.
• Misc. Funerals and Weddings (Will typically include an honorarium).
Compensation starting at $650/month.
2 weeks off per year. Paid substitutes will be found in collaboration with Pastors.