To provide pastoral vision, energetic leadership, clear direction and organizational oversight for the Young Adult Ministry of Calvary Fellowship Church. To carry out the mission of CFC which is to Glorify God by making fully-devoted followers of Jesus Christ who will impact their families, community, and world with the Word of God with a focus on young adults in the 18-30 age group. To provide a relevant and vibrant ministry to this age group being aware of and sensitive to post-modern influences. To cultivate a regional community impact, while being vitally connected and integrated with the larger CFC body.
1. To develop a vision and holistic strategy for ministering to the broadest number of young adults within the context of the wider CFC vision and mission.
2. Serve as the primary teacher, visionary, and communicator for Young Adult ministries. Be the shepherd of the young adult flock. Be very relational and live life with the young adult community.
3. Emphasize and model the value of intergenerational Worship and Community with a focus on unity and synergy among ministries.
4. To work collaboratively with the staff and leadership of CFC.
5. To provide oversight, direction, and encouragement for volunteer leaders and those passionate about young adult ministry.
6. To continually grow as a leader and be well versed in current trends and best practices in other young adult ministries.
7. To be networked with other young adult pastors and like-minded ministries to impact the kingdom beyond our local community.
8. Develop a program for discipleship and mentoring (life-on-life) involving mature adults and young adults.
9. Collaborate in the development of future leaders at CFC.
10. Perform pastoral functions such as preaching, counseling, weddings, funerals, Pastor-On-Call) as required by the Senior Pastor.
1. A clear testimony of salvation and ongoing spiritual growth.
2. Bible school degree (advanced seminary degree desirable), well grounded and educated in scripture plus experience in young adult ministry.
3. Self awareness and proven relational and interpersonal skills.
4. Strong skills in teaching and preaching to different audiences.
5. Collaborative approach to leadership and decision making.
6. Full agreement with CFC’s doctrinal statements, mission, and vision.
DESIRABLE GIFTS, QUALITIES, SKILLS, AND/OR PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
3. Shepherding / Pastoring
6. Team Builder/Team Player
7. High work energy and pace
8. Healthy understanding of the modern-postmodern world view continuum
9. Passion for Personal Spiritual Maturity in the Lord.
10. Passion for the Local Church
11. Good Reputation
12. Strong Family Ties
13. Compassionate, Relational, Approachable
14. Able to Effectively Manage Paid staff and Multiple Volunteer Leadership Teams.
15. Not Intimidated with a Mandate for Spiritual and Numerical Growth.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30
Calvary Fellowship Church
Our mission at Calvary Fellowship is pretty simple: We want to follow Jesus and our church exists to make disciples of Him by fulfilling His Great Commision and Great Commandment across Chester County and into the world (even simpler: to make disciples that love God and love people). Our vision is a Two-Cross one: We often say that whenever you decide to follow Jesus it always leads to a cross. More...