This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Ministries Pastor
Martinsville, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 04/21/2009
Categories: Family Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Faith Church is a vibrant community of Jesus followers that is experiencing an exciting season of growth. Faith is committed to Pursuing Seekers and Making Disciples. God is blessing us with the opportunity to add staff, and we are seeking key team players who are relentless in their pursuit of Jesus and who demonstrate His love for people. If you are looking for an opportunity to be creative on the canvas of God, we would love to talk with you.
Please review our job description (below), and email your resume to Ken Snyder at email@example.com.
Family Ministries Pastor
At Faith Church, Family Ministries (FM) is committed to ministering to families with children and youth. It is not simply children’s ministry—or even ministry only to families with children. Rather, FM is the synergy of best practices from what are typically two separate ministries—children and youth—into one ministry dedicated to raising up a new generation of uncompromising followers of Jesus.
Instead of Children and Youth Ministries being competing or, at best, complementing ministries, FM is dedicated to growing young Jesus-followers—children and youth. Family Ministries seeks to equip parents with opportunities and resources to fulfill God’s plan for the family (Deuteronomy 6:1-9), and to create environments where children, youth and parents become thirsty for God (Matthew 5:6).
Accountable To Lead Pastor
Ministry Target Families with children and/or youth
Passion For Partnering with parents to shepherd their children so that all family members are experiencing an ongoing, life-changing relationship with Jesus
Spiritual Gifts Leadership and Teaching, with either Administration or Evangelism
Talents and Abilities ? Excellent communication skills with a
substantial aptitude in teaching
? A leader of leaders with the proven ability
lead a group of people to embrace and fulfill
? Evidence of a missional lifestyle
1. 3+ years experience as full time Pastor/Director of Student, Children/ or Family Ministries and/or bachelor’s degree (or higher) in ministry with significant experience in ministry in one of the three ministry areas previously listed.
2. Possess a familiarity and commitment to Faith Church’s Family Ministries philosophy (which is closely aligned with Andy Stanley and North Point Community Church’s philosophy) and to living a missional lifestyle.
3. Practical ability to design a life development (Spiritual Formation) program using various curricula, which, when implemented, leads to valued outcomes in a family’s life. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated competency in designing relevant, age-based programming for different age groups.
4. Proven track record to create and launch new ministries and to build teams and equip team members for greater fruitfulness.
1. Model and raise the value of a missional lifestyle
a. live with your family in an intentionally missional lifestyle so that the life of Christ is incarnated through your household resulting in life-on-life outreach and spiritual formation in pre-Christians and Jesus followers
b. raise the value of missional living through personal modeling, teaching and participation so that those with whom and to whom you minister will embrace and practice missional living
2. Develop a life development (spiritual formation) process to assist families in personal spiritual growth
a. create or combine resources to be used in the lives of families so that parents, children and youth are experiencing on-going, life-changing relationships with Jesus Christ
b. develop equipping environments for parents to discover life-on-life spiritual formation through teachable moments, initiated spiritual conversations and parental teachings
3. Build a growing Family Ministries team through inspired vision casting, enlistment, training and empowerment to effectively reach the families of South Central Indiana.
a. embrace the church’s broader vision; the vision of Family Ministries must serve as a key aligned component of the FC vision
b. collaborate with the FirstServe Coordinator (a.k.a. Volunteer Coordinator) to strategically identify new volunteers for roles that fit their God-given wiring so that they grow spiritually and so that families are powerfully served
c. the PFM will partner with his/her volunteers and/or staff to provide concurrent equipping efforts for all Family Ministries
4. Effectively communicate as the primary or support teacher in the Sunday morning Worship Gatherings at least 10-12 times per year.
a. be a major participant on Faith’s Teaching Team by working with the Senior Pastor as a partner and collaborator in planning and preparing weekly teachings
b. be the solo teacher 8-10 times per year and the support teacher (in a “tag-team” fashion) 2-4 times per year
5. As gifted, as needs arise, and as time permits, other responsibilities that the Senior Pastor or elders deem vital may need to be undertaken.