This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Hillcrest Covenant Church
Prairie Village, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 04/20/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Hillcrest Covenant Church is seeking a Children’s Ministry Pastor to oversee Children’s Ministry. In filling this position, Hillcrest is looking for someone who not only brings the right ministry skills, but more importantly is interested in becoming a team player to a staff that works well together in ministering to our children and their families.
This position will report to the Executive Director in executing the ministry based on the church’s vision core values. This person will also work within the guidelines provided by the Church Council, the Children’s Ministry Elder and the Children’s Deacon Board.
The new Pastor must be willing to maintain the strong Children’s Ministry traditions at Hillcrest and bring new, innovative ministry elements to our program. We are seeking a person with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ who will help lead our children to grow spiritually and will continue building an effective, vibrant Children’s Ministry.
• Maintain a fresh and vital personal prayer and devotional life as the basis for ministry.
• Significant experience in Children’s Ministry in a local church.
• Education commensurate with position requirements.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child development and parenting issues.
• Ongoing pursuit of spiritual, personal and educational growth.
The children’s Ministry Pastor is responsible for leading, conducting and evaluating the ministry for children, birth through 6th grade.
• Supervise Children’s Ministry staff.
• Develop and maintain an on-going ministry plan with the leadership of the Children’s Ministry.
• Oversee Preschool, Parent’s Day Out, Children’s Sunday School, MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), Sunday Morning Live, mid-week programming, nursery, children’s library and children’s mission projects.
• Enhance Sunday morning programs through dynamic curriculum, creative mediums and new learning styles and techniques.
• Plan, implement and assess special events, i.e. Lent, Advent and VBS.
• Recruit, train and support volunteer staff.
• Develop and monitor Children’s Ministry budget according to church guidelines.
• Participate as a team player with other ministry areas of the church.
• Create events that provide spiritual development for children and their families.
• Provide children and their families with correspondence and counseling in response to issues and events impacting their lives.
• Identify children and parents in need of support and coordinate with Pastor of Congregational Care to address needs and follow-up.
• Work with the Pastor of Worship and Arts to implement a creative arts program-performing arts and music for our children.