This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Steamboat Rock Baptist Church
Steamboat Rock, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 06/08/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
The Worship Pastor will invite, guide and encourage the people of this church to offer themselves in authentic worship of God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.
• Work with the Senior Pastor to creatively plan and lead multiple worship services each week that will inspire people to worship God in a variety of styles
• Serve on the ministry leadership team as leader of the worship ministry team
• Recruit, train, encourage, and coordinate volunteers to serve in all areas of worship: including choir, worship teams, vocal and instrumental musicians, dramas, A/V technicians, ushers etc.
• Foster the integration of the youth and children into the worship life of the congregation
• Develop and control the worship ministry budget and oversee the purchase and maintenance of supplies, licenses, music, and equipment
Small Groups (Secondary)
• Serve on the community team as the small group ministry coordinator
• Recruit, train, encourage, and guide small group coaches and leaders
• Provide guidance in the selection, scope and sequence of small group curriculum to effectively disciple the various age levels, life stages, and spiritual maturity levels present in the congregation
• Develop caring relationships with ministry volunteers through phone calls, visits, hospitality and counseling
• Communicate clearly and consistently with ministry volunteers, church leadership, and the congregation regarding the ministry visions, objectives, activities, schedules and outcomes
Other duties according to interest, giftedness, needs of the congregation, and discretion of the Senior Pastor.
Accountability: Directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
• Character and lifestyle consistent with 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
• A Bachelor or Master’s Degree with music emphasis; seminary education is desirable
• Musical ability to effectively lead in worship
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with children, youth, and adults
• Interest and experience in both contemporary and traditional worship styles
• In accord with the North American Baptist Conference (NAB) Statement of Beliefs, our covenant, and our vision.
Send resumes or direct inquiries to:
Search Committee, Steamboat Rock Baptist Church, 107 2nd Street, PO Box 127, Steamboat Rock, IA 50672 (641) 868-2458
or e-mail email@example.com