This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Early Childhood Director
Colorado Springs , Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 04/14/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Part-Time
Radiant Church of Colorado Springs is on the lookout for an Early Childhood Ministries Director. We are looking for that certain someone with a proven track record of effective ministry with preschool-aged children. This is more than just a job – this is a ministry opportunity in a dynamic, growing, fun and creative environment. Best of all, you won’t be all alone – you would be part of the growing team of Radiant’s Children’s Ministry: Extreme Mountain Adventure and Critter County. Look over the Job Description below and let us know if you are ready for a fast-paced and fun place to minister. It is currently a 20-hour per week position. Check out http://RadiantChurch.org to see pictures and find out more about the church.
• Have a committed ever growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Have a daily devotional and prayer time
• Be an example to the team you are leading
• Be connected in a small group
• Attend a weekly worship service as much as possible, if you miss a service get the CD and listen to it the next week
• Continue to grow and expand your knowledge of the area that you are serving in through - conferences, networking with other Early Childhood Ministries, books, magazines, articles, instructional videos, and etc.
• Have an understanding of the vision and direction of the church and support the Senior Pastor and the pastor and leaders over you. This happens in our Starting Point Class.
• Responsible to the Pastor of Children and Family Ministries
• Oversee all aspects of Early Childhood Ministry (3 years - K) excluding Awana and MOPS
• Recruit, Train, and Develop Teams for the Early Childhood Area
• Oversee and organize Early Childhood services - 1st, 2nd, and Sunday School
• Early Childhood Worship Service
• work with the children’s pastor in developing this time
• Oversee the choosing, development and writing of curriculum for different areas of Early Childhood Ministries
• Positions and Teams to Develop
• 1st Service Coordinator
• 2nd Service Coordinator
• Sunday School Coordinator
• Recruitment Coordinator
• Worship Service Teams
• Puppet & Creative Team Leader
• Praise & Worship Leader
• Update and Establish Policies and procedures for the Early Childhood area
• Build and Develop relationships with the Early Childhood team
• Offer continuous Leadership and Team Member development opportunities for the team
• Attend and encourage all team members to attend Team Member Luncheons or Meetings
• Attend the Children’s Ministry small group (now meets every other month)
• Create, Establish, and Implement proper training and shadowing process for new Team Members
• Work to create an environment for Early Childhood children and their families that is safe, welcoming, and where they can be discipled, experience, and spiritually grow with God
Sound like you? Then, send us a resume and let’s talk – you might just be who we are looking for!