We are a large, growing church looking for a seasoned leader to work closely with the Senior Pastor in casting and implementing God’s vision for the congregation and community. This organizational leader will develop and
coach both paid and unpaid servants of the church, oversee the financial health, and manage the daily facilities operations.
- A tested love for God, a humble spirit, and a commitment to prayer as a deeply devoted disciple of Jesus.
- Deep affinity with the mission, vision, and core values of First United Methodist Church.
- Heart for ministry seen through a proven ability to work with a wide range of people in a church ministry setting.
- Degree in business or organizational management.
- Ability to develop strategic and tactical plans to accomplish established goals.
- At least 5 years experience in managing a growing organization and managing an annual budget of over $2 million.
- Ability to identify and implement system improvements and manage special projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Develop and Coach - Coach and supervise accounting, administrative, technical arts, and buildings and grounds personnel.
Oversee Financial Health
- Partners with church leaders to build the annual budget.
- Manages the annual budget, provides internal controls, and communicates financial issues to the staff and church leaders.
- Prepares monthly and annual financial statements and special reports as necessary.
- Works with an outside firm for annual audit.
- Oversees facility and grounds maintenance.
- Oversees facility scheduling, set-ups, cleaning, safety, and security.
- Deals with all vendor contracts.
- Leads or supports facility expansion or remodels as necessary.
- Develops strategic and tactical plans to implement stated goals of the ministry.
- Maintains an appropriate level of insurance on the facility, equipment, and property.
- Partner with the church’s legal counsel to address any legal matters that may arise and inform the appropriate staff members of such issues.
- Partner with Technical Arts personnel to identify and implement Tech and IT solutions to advance the ministry.
- Manage special projects as assigned by the senior pastor.
- Serve on the Executive Team and the Staff Team, and relate to the Administrative Board, the Finance Council, the Staff Parish Personnel Team, and the Board of Trustees.
Thank you for your interest. As God leads, please send resumes or inquiries to Sharon Sweeney at email@example.com or 217-793-9760, ext. 131.