This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
La Mesa, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/08/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
To develop, oversee, and staff all areas of the children's ministry from birth to 5th grade. The ideal candidate would also be the director of our Child Day Care Center.
- Most importantly, to love and shepherd the children; be a children's pastor in every sense of the word.
- Recruit, train and staff each area of the children's ministry including, nursery, pre-school and elementary ages.
- Provide the highest level of security possible for all children while they are on the Skyline campus.
- Provide curriculum for all children's departments.
- Teach Children's Church on a regular basis and develop lay leaders to assist you. Coordinate a team of lay people to write lesson plans and develop outreach events to reach new children.
- Provide regular opportunities for teacher training and enrichment; utilize a variety of means to encourage and equip teachers and helpers.
- Develop a strategy of providing biblical training and spiritual enrichment for all children. This includes Sunday School, Children's Church, camps, retreats, concerts and special events.
- Oversee childcare program for all-church programming.
- Develop, screen and supervise all paid childcare workers.
- Oversee the mid-week AWANA program.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
(1) A vibrant faith in Christ,
(2) Walk in personal purity, honesty and integrity,
(3) Proactively loyal to the lead pastor and to the mission of Skyline Church,
(4) Creative "thrust" (idea person / dreamer),
(5) Good work ethic,
(6) Extroverted personality,
(7) Keen sense of humor,
(8) A compelling passion for living,
(9) Pastoral gifting / anointing,
(10) Biblical, theological and historical knowledge and training,
(11) High level of competence in children's ministry,
(12) Strong leadership skills,
(13) A sense of "presence."
Experience in churches with attendance over 1,000.
If interested in this position, please submit your cover letter, resume and a photo of you and your ministry to Dr. Bruce L. Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org