This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Community Christian Church
Springfield, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 04/07/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: under 50
Job Type: Full-Time
Inside Out is seeking a creative, self motivated individual who is completely sold out to Christ to lead our youth program.
Inside Out is a Christ centered non-profit organization with a mission of Creating Positive Change in the Lives of at-risk teens from the Inside Out through Jesus Christ. We are also affiliated with a start-up non denominational Church which operates in our facility.
Our unique ministry includes a former school building, several Youth Homes, and a child care center. In addition to these, a core component of our ministry is our outreach to local at-risk youth. We are open each day after school for youth to play basketball, have a free meal and participate in other activities. Daily attendance averages 30 to 50 youth, many from dysfunctional, impoverished homes. In addition to daily after school and summer activities we have a Saturday night youth church with activities and food.
This is a highly evangelistic opportunity. Most of our youth are from unchurched backgrounds with parents who do not attend church. The successful candidate must have Strong gifts to communicate Christ-Centered Biblical teaching and build a ministry that evangelizes and disciples teens, many from unchurched backgrounds with un-converted parents. Must be able to train and mentor adult ministry team that is committed to support new youth minister.
1. Champion the Vision of Inside Out and coordinate the Youth Ministry with other departments.
2. Directly lead the Youth Group and Youth team.
3. Connect the Youth ministries and other departments to each other, as part of a strategic progression. Establish coordination with Child Care and Youth Home staff to coordinate joint activities and shared resources.
4. Communicate the mission of Inside Out to the community and represent Inside Out with other ministries and churches.
Essential Gifts that Candidate Must Possess:
1. Excellent Gospel-centered Bible teaching gifts that particularly engage and connect teens through daily Bible devotions and group ministry. Teaching should be substantive Gospel-centered, relevant and life transforming. Bible teaching is the heart of our program and should connect the scriptures to youth's lives today.
2. Team-building gifts including the ability to recruit, train and lead a Youth Team. Must be a director not merely a doer of ministry.
3. Have Discipling abilities (to include personal mentoring and daily shepherding of individual teens) so as to bring youth to mature service in youth group, church and in their schools. Relationship building is essential.
4. Demonstrate a genuine love for at-risk and troubled youth and an ability to connect with them in their everyday circumstances.
1. Strong Personal Relationship with Jesus Christ, and a commitment to serve Him.
2. Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a 4-year accredited college or university (will also consider ministry experience).
3. Minimum of two years experience as a key member in Youth Ministry (para-church or church) that experienced growth in numbers and changed lives.
4. Proven ability to successfully recruit volunteer leadership to partner with paid staff in Youth Ministry.
5. Demonstrated effective level of oral and written communication skills.
6. Willingness to receive coaching, outside training and on-the-job training.
Key measures of performance:
1. Spiritual Direction of Teenagers Suggested Measure of Job Performance:
• Teaches the Bible.
• Coaches teens to develop an increasingly close relationship with God.
• Builds a team of youth volunteers who carry out shepherding discipleship of teens.
• Develop/adopt a purposeful curriculum, as well as additional opportunities for teaching and the ability to nurture our youth to become servants themselves. If children are going to be the church’s future, they must be part of the church today.
2. Leading the Youth Ministry Suggested Measure of Job Performance:
• Planning of events for service, fellowship, outreach and fun with a goal to broaden the youth’s participation of life in the Body of the Church. The Youth Director must set expectations for volunteers and maintain high standard of commitment to this ministry.
• To recognize opportunities for effective evangelism and ministry to un-churched teenagers in our area.
• To successfully recruit and train adult volunteer leadership.
• Models exemplary commitment to Christ as a devoted church member who possesses a servant’s heart.
Salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
If Interested Reply to William Stout
President, Inside Out
501 S. Wittenberg Ave.
Springfield, Ohio 45506