This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Youth Ministries
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 04/06/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCA
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Youth Ministry wanted for dynamic, growing, gospel-centered church of over 600 located in beautiful Bucks County, less than 40 miles from Philadelphia. Strong gifts to communicate Christ-Centered Biblical teaching and build a ministry that evangelizes and disciples over 150 teens, many from unchurched backgrounds with newly converted parents. Must be able to train and mentor adult ministry team that is committed to support new youth minister.
Vision Statement: Building a Community to Reach a Community
Time Commitment: Full Time Staff Position
Organization Role: Reports directly to the Senior Pastor with Oversight
by Session of Covenant Church
Overall Purpose/Main Objective of this Position: To lead Youth Ministry at Covenant Church in fulfilling its Mission and Vision to the Youth and Families of the Church and our surrounding community. The Youth Director is a key staff member who provides staff leadership for all youth ministries (7-12th grade ministry).
1. Champion the Vision of Covenant Church and the philosophy of Ministry for Youth, Children and Families
2. Directly lead the Youth Group and Youth team.
3. Connect the 4-6th grade and 7-12th grade ministries to one another, as part of a strategic progression. Establish coordination with Children’s ministry staff who are responsible for leading the K-6th grade program.
Essential Gifts that Candidate Must Possess:
1. Excellent Gospel-centered Bible teaching gifts that particularly engage and connect teens through weekly large group Bible instruction for Covenant’s 7-12th graders. Teaching should be substantive Gospel-centered, relevant and life transforming. Bible teaching is the heart of our program. Use of contemporary media in communicating the gospel and relating this to the world of teens is essential (i.e. film clips, popular culture, etc.
2. Team-building gifts including the ability to recruit, train and lead a Youth Team. Must be a director not merely a doer of ministry.
3. Have Discipling abilities (to include personal mentoring and weekly shepherding of individual teens) so as to bring youth to mature service in youth group, church and in their schools.
4. Ability to Communicate and enfold parents in task of nurturing and connecting with their teens.
5. Ability to enfold not only Congregation’s youth whose parents attend Covenant, but to possess the gift of effective evangelism and ministry to un-churched teens who visit/attend youth group functions.
6. Demonstrate a love for youth and an ability to connect with them in their everyday circumstances.
1. Strong Personal Relationship with Jesus Christ, and a commitment to serve Him.
2. Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a 4-year accredited college or university.
3. Minimum of two years experience as a key member in Youth Ministry (para-church or church) that experienced growth in numbers and changed lives.
4. Proven ability to successfully recruit volunteer leadership to partner with paid staff in Youth Ministry.
5. Demonstrated effective level of oral and written communication skills.
6. Willingness to receive coaching, outside training and on-the-job training.
Key Contribution Areas:
1. Spiritual Direction of Teenagers Suggested Measure of Job Performance:
• Teaches the Bible.
• Coaches teens to develop an increasingly close relationship with God.
• Builds a team of youth volunteers who carry out shepherding discipleship of teens.
• Develop/adopt a purposeful curriculum, as well as additional opportunities for teaching and the ability to nurture our youth to become servants themselves. If children are going to be the church’s future, they must be part of the church today.
2. Leading the Youth Ministry Suggested Measure of Job Performance:
• Planning of events for service, fellowship, outreach and fun with a goal to broaden the youth’s participation of life in the Body of the Church. The Youth Pastor must set expectations for volunteers and maintain high standard of commitment to this ministry.
• Planning of special training seminars, events, retreats, conferences and ministry that encourages the intergenerational sharing of faith.
• To recognize opportunities for effective evangelism and ministry to un-churched teenagers in our area, especially to identify and include un-churched visitors, many of who come at the invitation of Covenant’s participants/members.
• To successfully recruit and train adult volunteer leadership.
3. Participating in the Pastoral Team Suggested Measure of Job Performance:
• Attend regular meetings with the Senior Pastor
• Attend meetings with the Session as Session deems necessary.
• Pursues the mission and vision of Covenant Church as it pertains to Youth Ministry.
• Works closely with all other members of the church staff, effectively uniting with and complementing other church ministries.
• Contributes to worship services and other church ministries in which the Youth Pastor’s gifts and talent can be of assistance.
• Models exemplary commitment to Christ as a devoted church member who possesses a servant’s heart.
The Minimum Pay Rate listed is above is a $50,000 (salary package)
If Interested Reply to Bob Myers
Pastor of Covenant Church (PCA)
4000 Route 202
Doylestown, PA 18902