Superstition Springs Community Church
Senior High Pastor
Reports to: Executive Pastor of Ministry
Department: Student Ministries
Compensation: TBD/based on experience
Summary: Lead the Senior High Ministry of Superstition Springs Community Church
1. Communicate, teach and lead students to the truths of God in ways that are creative, easily understood, life-impacting, sr. high appropriate and enjoyed
2. Recruit, train, and lead the volunteer leadership staff
3. Oversee, lead, facilitate, and resource weekly small groups
4. Build and maintain relationships with students, staff, and parents
5. Develop, oversee, and communicate the annual ministry plan
6. Build the ministry through effective outreach and assimilate new students into the ministry
7. Mobilize and develop student leaders through formalized training and by connecting students in ministry (Jr. High, Children’s Ministry, etc…)
8. Support and participate in the overall vision of SSCC student ministries with a plan to carry it out in the Sr. High ministry
9. Support and participate in the vision and direction of Superstition Springs Community Church.
10. Transition students in and out of Sr. High (from Jr. High and then into College) in an effective and positive way that compliments the adjoining ministry and allows the student to continue on in the journey of growth
11. Responsible for (but not limited to) all aspects of ministry to Sr. High students, such as; speaking/teaching, calendar planning, participation in SSCC staff meetings/functions, events, camps, services, experiences, small groups, church and parent communication, etc…
1. A strong walk with God demonstrating a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Teachable, with a desire to grow
3. Demonstrates a passion and love for Sr. High students
4. Is a student of popular culture
5. Ability to learn and implement/use the following software - Microsoft Office, Fellowship One, EventU, ProPresenter
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills
7. A good role model
8. Team player with effective relational skills
9. Minimum of a Bachelors Degree
10. Experience in a student ministry of 100+
11. Minimum 3 years ministry experience
What you want to know
SSCC is a fast growing church in the southeast metro Phoenix area. Currently we average 2,600 in attendance and have grown by over 600 people/year for the last two years. Our campus location is ideal. Currently we do five services on our campus in a weekend, but we've broken ground on our new, state of the art worship center (1,500 seats) and a great new student ministries building.
Our vision is clear, to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with our God. We truly seek to live our vision. We're rescuing girls from rape for profit worldwide. We're feeding the hungry in Africa, and housing the homeless in our area. We're a safe place for hurting people, with a variety or recovery ministries. Nearly half our adults are in small groups, seeking to grow and live the vision.
SSCC is primarily staff led, with a $3 million budget. The board acts as overseers of the vision and resource deployment for the staff. By the way, we're changing our name to Mission Community Church effective 7/1/09.
Gilbert is one of the fastest growing cities in America (currently 275,000 people), and is a fantastic place to raise your family.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor/Director of Youth MinistryThe Bible Chapel
- McMurray, Pennsylvania
- December 7
High School/Young Adults PastorFBC Loganville
- Loganville, Georgia
- December 7
Senior High DirectorCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- December 7
Student PastorGrace Point Church
- San Antonio, Texas
- December 6
Student Ministry PastorUniontown Bible Church
- Westminster, Maryland
- December 6
Mission Community Church
Mission is a fast-growing church in the southeast Phoenix metro area. Currently we average 6,100 in attendance and have grown by over 1,200 people/year for the last three years. We have five services on our campus each weekend in our new, state-of-the-art worship center (1,500 seats). Our vision comes directly from Micah 6:8: to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with our God. We truly seek to live our vision. We partner with a ministry in Fiji, rescuing girls from sex trafficking, and a ministry in Malawi, Africa, feeding More...