This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Harvest Bible Chapel
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 03/31/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
HARVEST BIBLE CHAPEL – Naperville
Managing Director/Pastor – Worship Arts and Production
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Executive Pastor with significant interaction with Senior Pastor.
PURPOSE: This position is not an on stage person, but one who is fulfilled by coaching the employed leaders of worship, video, tech/lighting, media/print. They would serve the church by leading, developing, and overseeing the people, policies, and procedures required to promote and produce series and events that encourage children through adults to worship Christ at Harvest.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Know, understand and communicate the vision/plans of the Senor Pastor and Elders with respect to worship style, culture and feel at Harvest Naperville.
2. Identify, train, encourage and equip artists and service team members to use their gifts and talents in support of services and events produced by the church.
3. Supervise and evaluate the effectiveness of the people, programs and procedures that create an environment which produces disciples at Harvest.
4. Translate teaching series themes into producible and actionable program elements.
5. Develop and maintain a creative environment that encourages collaboration of ideas and elements in support of themes identified by the Elders, Senior Pastor, and Senior Management of Harvest Naperville.
6. Endeavor to become familiar with as many in the congregation as possible, to know and be known by those we are called to minister to.
1. Worship Teams – Supervise and work with Worship Director to:
• Indentify, Recruit, Audition and train vocalists, instrumentalists to serve the church
• Manage the scheduling process for musicians, technicians, vocalists and others required to support services and events sponsored or produced by the church
• Responsible for preparing and leading worship service rehearsals
• Maintain library of music for use at HBC Naperville and insure literary licenses and copyrights are honored.
2. Production Teams – Supervise and oversee production teams including lighting,
I-mag video and audio support for worship and special services.
• Specify and steward equipment necessary to support worship and special services and events.
• Identify, recruit and Train leaders and technicians to operate video, lighting and audio systems church wide.
• Evaluate and provide constructive feedback to those serving to develop a culture of collaborative excellence in all produced programs.
• Grow and Develop Media and art forms as an integral part of the worship services.
• Manage Harvest Naperville’s presence on the internet by insuring website accurately reflects the church’s mission, values, personality, and programs.
• Oversee development and production of printed materials to reflect accurately the mission, values, personality, and programs at Harvest Naperville. This includes weekly bulletins, brochures and advertising elements.
4. Assimilation / 1st Touch
• Provide leadership and oversight to an assimilation process that inspires and encourages people to Worship, Walk with and Work for Christ at Harvest Naperville.
• Create and maintain an environment that is welcoming and encourages people to become full engaged in the church.
• Manage the register process to provide information to staff and lay leaders on needs and status of those in the church.
• Oversee ministry teams which support events including ushers, greeters, parking attendants, and information and resource centers.
5. General Management
• Set goals, action plans, calendar, staffing, supplies, equipment and corresponding budgets for all worship related activities and personnel
• Perform duties within budget, time, and space restraints dictated by senior management.
• Participate in weekly management meetings.
• Maintain a healthy lifestyle and work ethics personally and among staff.
• Evaluate and review staff.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by Executive Pastor.
Direct Responsibility for the following Reporting Positions:
Director of Assimilation
Media Arts Director
Administrative and Graphic Arts Coordinator
NOTE: The above duties are not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Our ministry at Harvest is a team ministry. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned from time to time as situations dictate.
Please see our website www.harvestnaperville.org please look at the “about us” under “purpose” and make sure that you are comfortable with our philosophy and environment and understand our mission of “Worship, Walk and Work”.
? 10 years full time ministry experience (some of which should be in a church of 1,000 or more)
? A successful track record of leading a paid staff team
? 10 years of experience with growing a vibrant worship ministry. Applicants should be able to demonstrate how they have already accomplished this in their current or past ministry settings
? Applicants should have strengths in the following areas: leadership, creativity, team building, as well as strong relational abilities. Applicants should be able to demonstrate how they have already demonstrated these strengths in their current or past ministry settings.
? As a minimum applicants should have an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of
concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry