This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Discipleship
First Baptist Church
Medford, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 03/31/2009
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
RESUME SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MAY 1, 2009
First Baptist Church (FBC) is a growing congregation in NC Wisconsin. We're looking for a person, called and gifted by God, to come along side our current congregation, fulfilling a number of roles all pertaining to the spiritual development and care of our attenders. We're a congregation of 375-400 with a strong ministry to families, youth and kids. Refer to the information below concerning the specifics of the position. Check out our website, www.fbcmedford.com, for additional information about the church.
• Hard on the journey towards knowing God demonstrating an undeniable love for God and for others
• Called by God to vocational ministry and gifted in the specific areas of need for FBC as outlined below
• Has appropriate training and experience in a related area of ministry
• The Pastor of Discipleship will be primarily responsible for forming, implementing and sustaining appropriate ministries that bring and
sustain health within the existing body of FBC. This will include, but not be limited to
o Leading and equipping volunteers for the educational ministries of FBC except educational ministries already assigned to FBC Youth
pastor (grades 7-12) and willingness to be involved in such ministries as needed.
o Providing leadership, training and oversight of volunteer ministers of FBC along with their ministries
o Provide pastoral care to FBC through appropriate counseling and visitation along with Lead Pastor
o Ability and willingness to teach in a variety of settings and preach when needed
o Work with Lead Pastor to form and implement other ministries designed to aid the overall direction of FBC (i.e. assimilation, outreach)
• Pastor of Discipleship will also be asked to help in these areas:
o Participate in the various congregational worship services as agreed upon with Lead Pastor
o Other areas of ministry that fit individual gift mix
• All pastors are responsible to the Deacon Board of FBC as the governing board of the church
• Work with all pastors as a team contributing input and receiving critique for the overall health and direction of the church. The Lead
Pastor is entrusted the supervisory function for all FBC staff and staff are to follow his direction.
• Work with the Christian Education Board and other boards/committees when needed.
• The ideal candidate is expected to exhibit these characteristics:
o Passion and gifts for ministry directed towards discipleship
o Good administrative skills and good attention to details
o Has a warm and caring disposition that invites people to seek out help
o Models Christ-like character in all aspects of life
• Maintains a healthy family life
• Absolutely committed to team approach to ministry and desires to work with other pastoral and congregational ministers.