This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director/Pastor of Global Outreach
Wheaton Bible Church
West Chicago, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 03/26/2009
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
DIRECTOR/PASTOR OF GLOBAL OUTREACH
We exist to love God, grow together, and reach the world.
To provide vision, leadership, management and development of all aspects of Global Outreach ministries and to interface in a significant way with the Local Impact ministry.
Missions at WBC must move from managing programs to being a movement; from doing missions to becoming missional. We believe our missiology must not be subordinate to our ecclesiology, but vice-versa. We believe God is a missional God and we must increasingly become a missional church, filled with people living radical and missional lives.
WBC global and local ministry teams will be future-oriented; see the potential in God’s people and empower them to be willing and able to go anywhere for Christ; and be willing to embrace new paradigms while being a catalyst for change in our changing world.
Global Outreach Associate Director, Global Outreach Mobilization Coordinator, Administrative Assistant, volunteers
Relates Closely With
Global Executive Team, Adult Ministries Team, Missionaries, Volunteers, Mission Agencies
1. LEADERSHIP: Inspire, invigorate and involve WBC attendees to be ambassadors of Christ to lost and hurting people locally and globally.
• Develop a “culture of mission” and “global church” awareness within the entire church.
• Develop and implement church-wide communication and teaching, such as:
o Cutting-edge media to inform and raise worldview consciousness.
o Education opportunities throughout all church ministries and age groups.
o A range of events and experiences (e.g.-MissionsFest, short-term missions).
• Build a global missions perspective in the Board of Elders, the senior staff leadership and other church leaders.
• A catalyst for service involvement.
• Facilitate mission projects and trips within the church.
2. VISION AND STRATEGY: Implement and build upon the strategies of Global Outreach and our mission to “Reach the World”.
• Lead strategic planning and develop a coherent and comprehensive mission strategy that is known, implemented and lived by the WBC leadership.
• Balance traditional missions with expanded outreach and new approaches.
• Develop and implement vision and strategy through the annual budget and provide regular reports of ministry results.
3. MISSIONARY OVERSIGHT: Provide oversight, direction and pastoral care for WBC missionaries.
• Conduct interviews, assessments and assimilate missionaries into the WBC community during home assignment.
• Intervene on missionary issues as needed.
• Maintain regular communication and help transition much of missionary care to home-based and church-based Community Groups.
4. MISSIONARY DEPLOYMENT: Challenge, motivate and recruit others for involvement in missions. Oversee development and counsel WBC individuals who have sensed the call of God to become missionaries.
5. LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Coach, train, and equip highly motivated teams of staff and volunteer lay leaders (e.g. – GOLI Team, Global Executive Team, Missionary Personnel Team, Missionary Care Team).
6. Interface significantly with the Local Outreach staff, partnerships and initiatives.
• Be committed to holiness and developing your personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith.
• Pursue professional, personal, and spiritual development.
• Exhibits some proven spiritual giftedness in areas of leadership, administration, shepherding, and encouragement. (I Timothy 3 and Titus 1).
• A deep personal commitment to fulfilling the Great Commission.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills to deal with individuals within a wide range of situations.
• Proven strategic planning, leadership and administrative gifting/skills.
• At least 10 years of experience in missions.
• Overseas experience.