This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Pastor
Palm Vista Baptist Church
Surprise, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 03/23/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Palm Vista Baptist Church
Worship Arts Pastor
Palm Vista is a bible-based, life-focused church with an average of 550 in weekly attendance and a music program that embraces traditional, blended, and contemporary expressions of worship. Located in the growing Phoenix suburb of Surprise between senior housing communities to our north and family communities to our south, we embrace people of all ages and backgrounds. We believe that a variety of life-experiences and diversity across generations are vital for a healthy church family, as they are for our own families. We intend on expanding our church family until we reach capacity on our present ten-acre campus and then begin planting new churches across the West Valley. Our goal is not to be a mega-church but rather a community church that plants community churches. In this way we hope to share the gospel message of Jesus Christ both with our community and others like it, leading people into a growing relationship with Him. We also serve our community through the week by providing a state-certified Christian daycare and a private Christian school that will eventually educate students through twelfth grade.
WORSHIP ARTS PASTOR DESCRIPTION
We are seeking a fully-devoted follower of Jesus with a passion and love for God and people of all ages and backgrounds and a special ability to lead people into a worship experience and unite people of all worship backgrounds around a compelling vision. The primary responsibilities of the worship arts pastor include leading congregational worship in the weekend worship services and overseeing the various worship arts ministries of our church, including, but not necessarily limited to, vocal and instrumental music, media, audio, video, lighting, staging, drama and props. The worship arts pastor will work with other staff team members to achieve the overall vision of the church and will fulfill the general responsibilities of a pastor in his area of ministry, including proclaiming the word of God, praying for the church and a vision for it, preparing the saints for works of ministry, and protecting the flock from the influences of the world, flesh, and devil.
WORSHIP ARTS PASTOR QUALIFICATIONS
1. Must be a follower of Jesus and have been baptized by immersion.
2. Must be committed to sound doctrine and the habits necessary for spiritual growth.
3. Must demonstrate leadership abilities and a calling to vocational ministry.
4. Must demonstrate competence in worship-related ministry (undergraduate degree required).
5. Must possess a passion and love for people of all ages and backgrounds.
6. Must possess at least five years of experience in a similar ministry setting.
7. Must be able and willing to lead in a variety of worship formats (guitar skills required).
8. Must be able and willing to delegate with oversight, manage time well, and plan ahead.
9. Must be a team player and be willing to give and receive feedback.
10. Knowledge and experience in computers, audio, video, lighting, and media are a plus.
WORSHIP ARTS PASTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To lead congregational worship in the weekend services, including traditional, blended, and contemporary formats.
2. To oversee the various worship arts ministries of our church, including, but not limited to, vocal and instrumental music, media, audio, video, lighting, staging, drama, and props.
3. To seek a clear and compelling vision for worship arts ministries, create a strategy, structure and timeline for carrying out that vision, and implement it with room for revision.
4. To enlist, equip, and empower volunteer worship arts team leaders as well as members of the various worship arts teams, serving them with the heart of a pastor.
5. To oversee the purchase, maintenance, and use of music literature, supplies, and instruments, staging and lighting, audio and video systems, and media-related computers and software.
6. To coordinate all communications related to worship arts ministry, whether external (church website, e-newsletter, brochures, etc.) or internal (ACS, schedules, rehearsals, etc.)
7. To work with children’s and youth ministries in inspiring and developing a love for worship in our children and youth.
8. To develop annual strategies for outreach through musical productions, dramatic events, and even mission trips.
9. To prepare and operate within an approved ministry budget and work along with other staff members in executing the overall vision of Palm Vista.
10. To arrange and provide music for additional church activities upon request and perform other duties as assigned by the lead pastor.
For more information regarding the worship arts position, please contact the Worship Arts Pastor Search Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding Palm Vista Baptist Church, please check out our church website: www.palmvistabaptist.com.