This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Community Life Pastor
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 03/18/2009
Categories: Combo Positions
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
We have a great team working together in a growing church but we’re missing a key player. Are you that person? We’re looking for an experienced Community Life Pastor to maximize our commitment to serve our geographical community, help new Christ followers establish firm foundations, and integrate new people into our faith community.
1. Attendance is 1300-1500 (including children) in two services
2. Worship style is contemporary
3. Located in Toledo, Ohio with Lake Erie boating and fishing within a 20 minute drive, lots of lakes just over the border in
southeast Michigan, great Metropark system for biking and outdoor activities, a world class zoo (if you have kids or still
enjoy being like one), and America’s premier roller coaster amusement park, Cedar Point, just an hour away - awesome!
4. We are becoming more and more an Acts 1:8 church - even more awesome!
5. Known for our commitment to finishing the great commission – excellent missions church
6. Great family church with excellent children and student ministries
7. Quality pastoral staff of six and adding two more (maybe you?)
8. Committed to impacting our metro area and the world with God’s love, healing, and hope
9. Website: westgatechapel.org
About you, if you join the team:
The Community Life Pastor will help us complete our mission by:
1. Multiplying effective confident “Christ magnets” from our faith community to engage with our geographical community
2. Planning strategic opportunities for serving our geographical community
3. Shaping a personal discipleship process for new Christ followers
4. Growing our existing mid-size communities and small groups (Life Groups) ministry
5. Improving the process for integrating new people into our church family
6. Overseeing Guest Relations
7. Overseeing pastoral care ministries
Primary requirements: leadership and equipping skills/gifts, love for people, and a passion for reaching those who are spiritually lost
- The Community Life Pastor will have the competency to perform the job and the compatibility to develop a good working
relationship with the Senior Pastor, Elder Board and key staff and lay leaders.
- Satisfy all the scriptural and denominational qualifications for service as a pastor or elder.
- Demonstrate the character and values consistent with a mature follower of Christ as well as the spiritual qualifications of
- Solid commitment to Christ .
- Strong interpersonal skills and have a passion for developing this community of faith in its relational aspects as
well as in its spiritual aspects.
- Passion for outreach to the lost and unchurched.
- Demonstrate a true under shepherd’s and servant’s heart in caring for God’s children.
- Demonstrate leadership and team building skills and be a good oral and written communicator.
- Experience in evangelism, pastoral care and leadership/development of small groups.
- Experience in a multi-staff church is preferred.
- No unresolved issues that would disqualify you for ministry or embarrass the church if discovered.
- Must have a ministry degree or equivalent experience qualifying for the position.
Competitive salary/benefits package. If interested please send resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org