This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs like this one.
Mobberly Baptist Church

Minister of Youth and Recreation

Mobberly Baptist Church
Marshall, Texas, United States


Date Posted: 09/21/2017
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time

Job Description:
This position is the primary minister of youth and recreation at the Marshall campus of Mobberly Baptist Church. The internal/organizational job title is Associate Minister of Youth and Recreation - Marshall Campus. (In this case, "Associate" does not mean 2nd in command or support staff)
 
Mobberly Baptist Church has an average Sunday attendence of 2700-2800 (both campuses, 4 venues, 7 Sunday services, 2 languages)
Marshall Campus is just over 3 years old and ministers to about 300 people, with an average Sunday attendance of about 200.
Multisite model is "one church, many venues". Marshall campus is led by a local Campus Pastor and ministry staff (including full-time, part-time, and volunteer staff).
  • ??Full-time Youth (grades 7-12) and Upward Sports ministry
  • Youth Ministry will account for 80% of time and Recreation ministry the other 20%, seasonally.
  • Salaried position
  • Individual ?Health, retirement, vacation
  • Current group 15-20 students on Wednesdays, <10 on Sunday mornings
  • Immediate potential for 30-50 students
    • Dream 100-150 students
  • Starting Upward Sports ministry from scratch with assistance from Longview campus' successful ministry (incredible opportunity to utilize resources from Longview campus and Longview campus staff).
  • Relocate to Marshall, TX
  • Focus on engaging diverse community (racially, socio-economically, spiritually)
  • Focus on single parent households (47% of mothers in our county single)
  • ?Newly renovated Marshall campus facility with dedicated youth space and sports field beginning October 15, 2017.
    • Campus has been mobile for 3.5 years; new location offers great opportunity for change and starting new/exciting ministry. 
    • New location across street from brand new Elementary school (K-5), which means incredible opportunity to engage children in Upward and funnel toward student ministry.
  • Looking for someone who is:
    • passionate about personal evangelism
    • outgoing and energetic
    • able to build a leadership team and disciple students
    • great with parents of students
    • comfortable recruiting and enlisting volunteers for Youth and Upward
    • able to manage busy schedule and proactively plan ministry