Believers Fellowship is looking for a full-time, creative, energetic, and inspiring Worship Director to lead Sunday morning worship, expand the scope of worship, shepherd a team of volunteer worship leaders, and promote overall spiritual wellness in the
congregation. A successful candidate will be a gifted worship leader with a passion for spiritual formation, the ability to lead a team, and the potential to be an elder in our congregation.
Believers Fellowship is a vibrant, growing non-denominational Christian church in Gig Harbor Washington. We emphasize three things: Finding God (worship and biblical teaching), Being a Friend (spiritual transformation through life in the Body of Christ),
and Making a Difference (mission). The church was founded in a living room in 1978 and has grown to 600 in weekly attendance and 1100 members. We are generationally diverse with a solid foundation of boomers and a significant number of young families (our
nursery is bursting at the seams!). Two Sunday morning worship services each feature 25 minutes of worship through song, 35 minutes of biblical teaching, and 10 minutes of “response” (Lord’s Supper, prayer, and more worship). Spiritual relationships are built
through small groups and ministry teams. We are known in our community for our strong biblical teaching, our top-notch children and youth ministries, and the work we do outside the walls of our church.
Ten years ago, the founding members began the process of “handing over” leadership of the church to the next generation, and this hire will continue that direction. We are excited to see what God has in store for us next, and we are eager to add a new Worship
Director to the ministry team.
- Meet all of the qualifications of an elder in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:6–9.
- Agrees with Believers Fellowship’s mission, vision, and doctrinal statement.
- Bachelor Degree. Post-high school theological and musical training preferred. Emphasis in spiritual formation a plus.
- Minimum three years of experience in leading a ministry team.
- Proven ability to inspire worship through music, preferably with a guitar.
- Appreciation for a spectrum of music styles, and ability to help volunteer leaders develop their own style.
- Ability to self-direct and work on a team.
- Superior communication, organization, and leadership skills.
- Lead Sunday morning worship most Sundays. Schedule volunteer worship leaders for the remaining Sunday mornings, and assist these volunteer worship leaders as needed.
- Lead and develop existing volunteer worship leaders.
- Manage all sound, lighting, and slide technicians.
- Recruit and mentor new leaders, vocalists, musicians, and technicians.
- Work with Ministries Director and Creative Team to plan and evaluate Sunday morning worship services.
- Expand the scope of worship media at Believers Fellowship.
- Conduct regular worship rehearsals.
- Assist with weddings, funerals, and other typical pastoral duties.
- Assist other ministry teams with special events involving use of worship space
- All Believers Fellowship staff members are ultimately accountable to the elders.
- The Ministries Director supervises the Worship Director.
- The Worship Director supervises a part-time paid Media Technician, volunteer worship leaders, and other worship volunteers.
- Annual salary $55,000–$63,000 commensurate with education and experience.
- Family medical insurance.
- Two-weeks paid vacation.
- Reimbursement for conference and professional expenses.
Send resume (with photo), cover letter, and audio/video sample of worship service to Matt Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.