Northway Church Next Generation Pastor
About Northway Church:
Northway Church is a nineteen-year-old congregation with Southern Baptist roots in Macon, Georgia. We are located in a growing suburb of the middle Georgia community. The church averages between 800-1100 attendees each Sunday morning and has an annual budget
of $2.3 million. Northway Church has experienced significant growth in the last several years and expects to see continued growth in the future.
Northway is situated on an easily accessible, highly visible property consisting of 28 acres; truly an ideal location! Major retailers, schools, and neighborhoods are all within a short distance of the church.
Northway Church is contemporary in worship style and follows a simple church model for discipleship. The church has a strong missions focus, both locally and internationally. The Lead Pastor is in his tenth year of ministry at the church.
Northway is strongly committed to future generations and family ministry. This is evident in our building campaigns, our strong financial support of these ministries, our emphasis on volunteer recruitment in these areas, and our core values. The church will
break ground on a new student center, coffee shop, and foyer expansion in April of 2017.
Known as “the heart of Georgia,” Macon / Bibb has a population of more than 150,000 individuals and located about an hour’s drive south of Atlanta. The city has a rich musical history, being the home of Otis Redding, Little Richard, and the Allman Brothers.
Mercer University, Wesleyan College, and Middle Georgia State University are all located in Macon. Families with school-age children will find a number of choices between public, private, and charter schools.
About Northway's Next Generation Ministry (Birth-12th grade):
We believe that it is both our responsibility and privilege to creatively engage the next generation with a gospel-centered ministry. We believe in the value and importance of partnering with parents in the spiritual growth and development of their children.
It’s our desire to see the next generation equipped with the gospel and the skills to go, making disciples of all nations.
Northway Church is strongly committed to teaching gospel truths in an exciting and engaging environment. Our family ministry programming is offered in two parts: an interactive large group time balanced with a more intimate and personal small group time. This
ensures time for both large group community and small group intimacy, both of which are necessary for leaders to build relationships with children and teens.
About the Next Generation Pastor position:
The Next Generation Pastor works to provide a comprehensive, effective discipleship plan for the next generation. We are looking for a highly driven, gospel centered individual who is a leader of leaders. The Next Gen Pastor will be an innovative, strategic
thinker who can both visualize the big picture goal and lead a team in taking the necessary steps to reach that goal.
Requirements and Qualifications:
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Fully supportive of the vision of Northway Church.
An ability to work in a creative, collaborative environment.
Proven competency to oversee paid staff and adult volunteers, including casting vision and equipping them for discipleship.
A high-capacity leader of leaders.
An ability to preach relevant and compelling sermons.
Preferably a minimum of 5 years of ministry experience.
Bachelors degree required. Seminary degree preferred.
• Develop and implement a ministry vision and philosophy that balances outreach and discipleship while strategically uniting all Next Gen ministries.
• Adopt a “training leaders” mindset, providing support in the development (recruiting, training, supervising) and nurturing of Next Gen ministry leadership and volunteers.
• Supervise ministry leaders in the selection and training of lay leaders and volunteers.
• Oversee Next Gen ministry leaders in the selection of curriculum, process/program development, and educational materials for all programs and activities.
• Teach regularly in Northway’s Kid’s Ministry alongside our Kid’s Director.
• Establish annual goals with Next Gen ministry leaders that are consistent with our vision and values.
• Provide administrative leadership for long-range planning, budgeting, and calendar coordination.
• Lead each ministry through an annual evaluation process to ensure fulfillment of goals.
• Partner with parents to lead their kids and students to become growing disciples.
• Increase the visibility of Next Gen ministries to the entire congregation and to the surrounding community.
• Provide direction for and coordination of Next Gen ministries during regular meetings.?
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume with a picture in one pdf file labeled by your last name, first name (i.e., Smith, John) to Lisa Bonney: firstname.lastname@example.org
We kindly ask you to respect our process and to refrain from phone calls, mailed resumes, campus visits, or other forms of communication.