Senior Pastor Agnes Baptist Church
Springtown, Texas, United States
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Baptist - Independent
Church Size: 250 – 300
Average Sunday Attendance: 140 - 160
Job Type: Full-Time
Agnes Baptist Church is located in a rural setting west of Springtown, Texas. We are a diverse, active body of believers with a desire to grow, whose mission is to “Love God, Love People and Make Disciples”. With one building project completed, we are now
in the process of building a new auditorium to accommodate the growth we are experiencing and accomplishing both projects debt free. We are currently searching for a passionate individual who is committed to lead us in growth, reaching those in our community
for Christ and ministering to those who are hurting.
GENERAL MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
Communicator: The Senior Pastor will be the primary communicator at each of our Sunday and Wednesday worship services, preaching 75-85% of the time…In addition, the Senior Pastor will have a communicable passion for prayer.
Visionary Leader: The Senior Pastor will be a visionary and vision communicator.
Shepherd: The Senior Pastor will lead, feed and protect the congregation.
Overseer: While not being immersed in details, the Senior Pastor will have an understanding of how smaller parts of the church ministry fit in with the big picture. He will be organized; an effective communicator so that followers can
understand the big and small pictures. He will be responsible for managing and encouraging our part-time administrative staff and volunteer staff.
Spiritual Life: The Senior Pastor will need to have a consistent personal devotional life and demonstrate that he truly loves and is committed to following Jesus whatever the cost. He will be committed to putting safeguards in his life
against temptations to pride and impurity.
Character: The Senior Pastor will be a married man with “above reproach” character traits in keeping with the Elder qualifications set forth in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1 and 1 Peter 5. His wife will be a woman with above reproach, moral/character
traits, conducting herself in a manner befitting a senior pastor’s wife. Above all, both should be approachable and personable.
Credibility: The Senior Pastor will uphold a positive reputation among a wide variety of people. This includes having a lifestyle that builds credibility with personal practices of being trustworthy, showing concern for people, and being
morally pure in all walks of life.
Competence: The Senior Pastor will:
1. Possess qualities that meet the requirements of the ministry position as stated above.
2. Possess pronounced communication skills with a comprehensive working knowledge of Scripture and doctrine. He needs to be strongly grounded in a conservative/evangelical approach to teaching/preaching from the Bible. As an independent Baptist Church
we have a strong tradition of teaching people God’s Word in an expositional manner; either book by book, or the study of passages that speak to a particular topic. We desire practical applications in how to apply God’s Word to our daily lives versus inspirational
types of preaching/teaching that only uses the Bible as proof texts.
3. Have at least a BA/BS seminary degree or higher from a reputable institution, have a similar level of training. We prefer a grace based theological position.
4. Have substantial experience and a proven track record of effective church leadership. Generally we are looking for a person who has had a minimum of five years’ experience as an effective Senior Pastor of a church of 140 - 160 regular attendees/members
or more or a minimum of five years’ experience as an effective Associate Pastor in a church of 150 regular attendees/members or more.
5. Be a self-starter with the ability to assess the past and present as well as step toward the future through innovation and implementation. He will not only be self-motivated but also able to motivate others to action.
A board of three deacons and five trustees performs the general oversight of the church.
The Senior Pastor will:
1. Possess healthy and God-honoring relational and conflict resolution skills.
2. Perform the day-to-day functions of the church without direct and/or close supervision.
3. He should be in agreement with ABC’s doctrinal statement, vision, and methodology.
4. Oversee an in-progress building project. We are a debt free church and have completed approximately 50% of a new 300+ seat auditorium.
5. Position is located in a rural setting west of Springtown, TX.
Please submit (email) resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org only
Please include links to online sermon postings and public social media pages (Facebook – personal and church, Linkedin, etc)
Salary: Dependent on experience. Credit card, car allowance, relocation assistance, medical insurance assistance, 2-4 weeks vacation based on tenure.