SOUTH MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY CHURCH (SMCC)
Located in one of the fastest growing and unreached areas in the United States, SMCC is constantly growing. The church is approaching 4,000 in regular attendance and experiencing real meaningful life-change (well over 1,000 baptisms). SMCC is a multi-site,
non-denominational Christian church that meets at five locations throughout Utah. They exist to help as many people as possible take their NEXT STEP toward becoming FULLY DEVOTED and FULLY DELIGHTED followers of Jesus Christ.
Always expanding, SMCC is looking for their next Worship & Creative Arts Director. This person will be passionate about leading people through contemporary worship and creating excellent environments.
Applicants must have a video sample leading contemporary worship.
For more info please see the job description below or visit the church website, SMCCUTAH.ORG.
WORSHIP & CREATIVE ARTS DIRECTOR (W.C.A.D)
PAY: Negotiable Per Experience & Qualifications
BENEFITS: Negotiable Per Experience & Qualifications
TOOLS FOR SUCCESS: Cell Phone Stipend, Personal Expense Account & Personal Computer
Modeling Full Devotion & Full Delight: At SMCC we hold firmly to the belief that you cannot lead someone somewhere you are not willing to go yourself. You are responsible for upholding biblical priorities and core values of SMCC. As a staff
member you should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ evidenced by how well you love others. Additionally, it is essential that you model a strong relationship with your spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). Lastly, you will be
held accountable to fulfilling your purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions.
These objectives are accomplished by:
- Regular practice of spiritual disciplines.
- Participating in a small group on a regular basis.
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Developing meaningful relationships with those within and outside the church.
- Supporting the ministries of SMCC by faithfully giving at least 10% of gross income.
- Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of SMCC employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
Those that thrive at SMCC are:
- Comfortable with hard conversations.
- Able to manage their emotions well.
- Work smart.
Purpose (Worship & Creative Arts): The W.C.A.D. has the primary responsibility of leading our people into a meaningful worship experience, primarily through music and singing. Additionally, they will oversee creative elements that enhance
These objectives are accomplished by:
- Maintaining a commitment to the “Best Practices” outlined for SMCC Worship & Creative Arts
SMCC Worship & Creative Arts Best Practices:
- Building a TEAM. It is the responsibility of a Worship Arts Director to recruit, train, administrate and motivate a group of people that ultimately find their joy in serving Christ in this important ministry. This means that they need clear and timely
communication (utilizing Planning Center Online), clear and encouraging direction and coaching, a leader that understands their limitations and strengths, a healthy culture of authenticity, grace and truth. The ministry is more important than any team member,
but at the same time, we want to work with our teammates and encourage them with the goal of seeing them be successful as happy contributors to the SMCC Mission and Vision.
- Competent LEADERSHIP. The worship Arts Director has to win the trust of their team and the congregation by being extremely competent in their role as leader, singer, and musician. A professional demeanor is important to demonstrate at all times as we
seek excellence in this ministry.
- A REVIEW of each service with the Campus Pastor and others, looking for gaps, “cringe moments,” and other items that need improvement. This is done along with the celebration of team “wins and accomplishments. In any “review meeting” we are looking for
constructive, non-critical comments as well as a non-defensive attitude among all participants. There also needs to be a review of the next weekend’s planned order of service and other special elements so that everyone is up to speed as to what to expect.
- DESIGN special elements that will bring added value to the service once a quarter. This can and should be done in conjunction with others, including the campus pastor. This is especially important in regards to special services such as Christmas Eve, Good
Friday and Easter.
- COMMUNICATE clearly and in a timely way what they need in terms of resources, equipment and other means of support in order to accomplish their ministry with excellence. The Campus Pastor needs to plan a budget for this ministry in September of each year.
- The Worship Arts Director SERVES with the staff team. Therefore, all the roles and responsibilities of a staff member (as specified in the Staff Manual) are expected.
- Produce, film and edit testimonies, campus promos, recordings of the weekly teaching during services and any other approved VIDEOS for the South Jordan Campus.
- Ensure a commitment of excellence amongst PHOTOGRAPHY team members.