Plover, WI, USA
Denomination: Evangelical Free Church of America
Church Size: 1600
Job Type: Full-Time, Salaried
Church Description: Woodlands Church is a modern, evangelical church located in Plover, WI with a growing congregation of about 1600 in weekly attendance. Our mission statement is “Building Communities of Christ-centered People to Reach
the World”. We worship in two rooms on Sundays with concurrent services.
Job Description: In collaboration with the Senior Pastor and Executive Leadership Team, the Communications Director has an integral role in implementing strategic communications (digital, environmental, visual, graphic, etc.) that help
create, reinforce, and celebrate Woodlands’ culture and tell its story. This person will build and provide leadership and direction for the Creative Communications Teams in the use of innovative and effective communication tools and resources. This role provides
oversight of communications, creative processes, organizational systems and first impressions to ensure excellence, stylistic consistency, and disciplined messaging reflective of our shared purpose, values and vision.
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, organize and lead Creative Communications Teams to strategize, promote and implement Woodlands ministries and events through print material, announcement visuals and digital platforms.
- Manage Woodlands Communications budget and maintain vendor connections.
- Oversee announcement ministry: work with ministries to gather requests and determine timing and best form of announcing activities. Build and train verbal announcement team and ensure they have all relevant information for Sunday announcements. Also involves
oversight of Sunday bulletin design and content.
- Work with Worship Arts and Tech Ministries to maximize the Sunday morning experience (lighting, videos and stage design).
- Work with the teaching pastor and worship leader to develop slide visuals.
- Oversee the Woodlands website, app, and social media platforms to ensure they are attractive, easy to navigate, and are rigorously updated with the most current information. Gather data to analyze, track, measure and report on levels of effectiveness and
- Support the various ministries of Woodlands by brainstorming strategies, presenting concepts and overseeing their implementation. Suggest improvements and help evaluate communication strategies.
- Help equip ministry and administrative leaders to maximize communication strategies through tool development and training.
VIDEO and PHOTOGRAPHY
- Listen for stories of life-change within the church and work closely with the Pastoral Staff and Executive Leadership Team and lead the Creative Communications Teams in developing videos that highlight these stories in the appropriate context.
- Continue to develop the look and feel of Woodlands’ branding to ensure it remains modern, cohesive, and compelling and that it is implemented across all ministries.
- Oversee design of all art, graphics and promotional materials related to ministries and church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness. This includes both indoor and outdoor signage.
- This individual will be a strong team builder as well as a creative, innovative, and strategic thinker.
- Committed to excellence, flexibility, and reliability.
- Models Christ-like servant leadership
- Capacity to recruit, equip, and lead volunteers
- Excellent time-management skills
- Collaborative teamwork and mutual accountability are critical to Woodlands staff culture
Woodlands staff live out the following values:
- Christ-centeredness – Maintains a consistent connection and commitment to Christ; Seeks His direction and strength in fulfilling ministry responsibilities; Seeks to model Christian life; Exhibits Fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control). Gal 5:22-23.
- Self Management - Organizes & prioritizes well; Uses time efficiently; Consistently produces high quality work; Meets deadlines; Actively seeks to improve job skills; Seeks to develop, improve, and maintain a high level of professional
knowledge for given areas of responsibility.
- People First/Servanthood - Values and respects each individual they interact with; Expresses a warm, friendly, gracious attitude; Humbly willing to pitch in and do “whatever it takes” to accomplish what is needed; Seeks to go “above and
beyond” for the sake of others.
- Teamwork/Relationships - Works well on a team; Helpful to coworkers; Works effectively with others; Accepts constructive feedback; Supports teamwork through open and honest communication; Encourages and recognizes the contributions of others;
Fully engaged in team activities and meetings; Resolves conflicts gracefully; Guards the unity of the team.
- Flexibility/Innovation - Identifies, shares, and is receptive to new ideas; Adapts to new situations; Helps others overcome resistance to change; Recognizes problems, finds new and unique solutions to solve them; Works to improve existing
processes; Uses creative & innovative thinking to contribute to organizational and individual objectives; Contributes to group processes to set plans & resolve problems.
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly; Listens to others; Shows sensitivity and caring; Responds promptly to inquires; Maintains confidentiality; Represents Woodlands Church well in all interactions with others.
- Supervisory Skills – Demonstrates alignment with organizational values; Helps staff members be successful by: Clarifying roles and responsibilities; providing needed information/resources to fulfill role and responsibilities; Eliminating
unnecessary barriers to getting work done; Offering constructive feedback/input; Measuring outcomes; Appraising staff member’s performance; Providing encouragement and support.
- Team Leadership – Builds, Structures for effectiveness, Empowers, Equips, Coaches, Evaluates and Encourages teams within primary ministry areas. This value looks at the health and effectiveness of the teams you lead.
- Leadership Development – Recruits, Equips, Empowers, Provides leadership opportunities, Coaches and Supports leaders in primary ministry areas. This value includes both finding and developing new leaders and growing and supporting existing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, digital media, media, visual arts, graphic design or related studies
- Equivalent experience will also be considered
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Ability to learn new software / social media / communication tools
- Advanced knowledge of graphic design
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Suite programs (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects) or other professional design software preferred
- Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro x, Adobe Premier, or other professional video editing software preferred
- Strong understanding of brand management
- Ability to carry out the communication vision while keeping it fresh and relevant
- Ideally has 3-5 years of related field and leadership experience
- Effective administrative skills including the ability to set goals, facilitate advance planning and effectively manage ministry schedules
- Understands website development and manages website content
Please send cover letter and resume to:
David Hansen, Executive Pastor
Links to online video or portfolio are highly encouraged