Minister of Students
The Minister of Students is responsible for all aspects related to the spiritual growth and development of middle school and high school students (grades 6 through 12). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events.
- Create and implement a holistic spiritual discipleship plan for students (and their families)
- Provide leadership, training, and empowerment to the student ministry leadership team
- Model spirituality-based leadership that flows from personal intimacy with Christ
- Lead the coordination and facilitation of high-energy weekly student worship gatherings that are biblically accurate and culturally relevant
- Plan and lead camps, retreats, mission trips, and other special events that provide students spiritual growth opportunities
- Serve as the primary teacher during student worship gatherings, while developing other leaders to do likewise
- Develop and sustain regular communication with parents
- Recruit, train, and encourage volunteer adult leaders
- Recruit, train, and develop groups of student leaders
- Cultivate parental support and involvement in the student ministries
- Foster and encourage the growth of students through small group communities
- Help to integrate the student ministry into the overall body of the church
- Where possible, establish a presence on local high school and middle school campuses in order to support current Northcliffe students and reach others
- Manage the annual student ministry budget and demonstrate financial responsibility
- Network with other student ministry pastors as a means of support and community building
- Attend, participate in and support “all-church events” and corporate worship services
- Serve as needed to assist in other general ministerial responsibilities (such as weddings, funerals, visitation, and counseling)
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude and willingness to assume any other responsibility assigned by the Lead or Associate Pastor
- Meet monthly with Associate Pastor for assistance and assessment of the Student Ministries
- Participation in all Northcliffe staff functions (Weekly meetings, retreats, etc)
- Establish and promote strong connection between student ministries and other Northcliffe ministries
- Serve as a member of the Church Council
- Hold regular office hours with availability to meet with youth and/or parents on individual basis
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him
- A clear calling and passion to student ministry
- Commitment to moral purity
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Northcliffe
- Agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message (2000)
- 3-5 years of experience as a staff member in student ministry of at least 50 students
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required; Master’s degree is preferred (extensive ministry experience may be substituted)
- Excellent people, leadership, and organizational skills
- An engaging and gracious personality
If interested please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Recent Photo
- Video Teaching sample (file or link) - due to the amount of teaching that is required for this position, candidates without a video sample will not be considered at this time. If you don’t have a current video sample, you are encourage to record yourself
preaching as if you were preaching to a group of 6th - 12th graders.
About the area:
Just a short drive from Tampa, Hernando County provides easy access to the benefits of a major metropolitan area, while offering the calmer pace of suburbia.
In 2015, Money magazine ranked Tampa “’the best large city in the Southeast and one of five ‘urban gems’ across the United States offering an abundance of culture and amenities at ‘livable prices’” (Source: Tampa Bay Times). Tampa is home to three
professional sports teams; large shopping malls and eclectic shopping districts; the award-winning Tampa Museum of Art and Straz Center for the Performing Arts; Busch Gardens and Adventure Island; and neighbors some of Florida’s most beautiful gulf-coast beaches.
Hernando County is also less than a two-hour drive from Walt Disney World and the many other attractions located in Orlando, Fla.
Hernando County’s proximity to the Suncoast Parkway (a toll-road into Tampa) and low cost of living has attracted many young families to the area. In the past decade, the county has experienced tremendous growth in its retail offerings. From most locations
in our county, major grocery, department and retail stores, as well as a variety of restaurants are only minutes away.
Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Boulevard, Spring Hill, Florida 34608