The Operations Lead at LPC will work closely alongside the lead pastor, pastoral staff, elders, and deacons to maintain the developing infrastructure necessary for the thriving ministry of the church. This role reports directly to the lead pastor, but also
exercises oversight of various areas applicable to and in concert with the elders. This role oversees all operations staff on the LPC team, as well as a number of non-vocational deacons. Depending on qualifications of the candidate, this role can either serve
as a member of the pastoral staff, or as a director level role. If the candidate joins the pastoral staff, additional requirements not reflected in this description will be included in the role.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, graduate level education or degree preferred.
- Experience in a large church or complex mission or Para-church context.
- Experience in some form of personnel management.
- Strong capabilities in financial management, budget oversight, and systems.
- If candidate is hired to operate as a director, must be qualified as a deacon according to 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- If candidate is hired to operate as a pastor, must be qualified as an elder according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Technically savvy in keeping with the basic requirements of leading and training people in the 21st century—computer literate, social media engaged, etc.
- The Operations Lead will need to maintain membership in good standing at LPC.
- As a member of the LPC leadership team, the role will include the expectation to mentor and develop both vocational and non-vocational leaders in the areas of oversight.
- Must exhibit a clear understanding and quick adaptability regarding the doctrine and DNA of LPC.
Areas of Oversight:
There are four primary areas of oversight. The Operations Lead is responsible for oversight in these areas. The direct execution of these responsibilities rests on LPC staff or deacons who report to the Operations Lead. In the case of staff transition within
these spheres, the Operations Lead will oversee the hiring process and division of duties for any new staff members. Special attention should also be given to the recruitment and empowerment of non-vocational deacons who will work alongside or report to LPC
1) Oversee Ministry Operations
- Oversee all week-to-week operations to consistently create a world-class environment.
- Oversee and maintain administrative protocols.
- Oversee and maintain administrative systems.
- Oversee the resourcing of ministry personnel, leadership, and membership.
- Oversee and actively manage the Facilities staff to effectively prepare the facility for all ministry operations on a weekly basis.
- Oversee active recruitment and training of Deacons in the Operations areas.
2) Financial Operations and Human Resource Management
- Annual development of financial plan alongside pastoral staff and elders
- Oversee production of monthly financial summary report for presentation to elders
- Oversee and manage financial plan
- Oversee implementation of financial strategies for mission
- Oversight of staff personnel in finance areas
- Provide oversight to all processes of the church including HR, Payroll, Insurance, etc.
- Develop and implement systems within, Admin, Facilities, HR, and Finance teams to work efficiently within budget limits.
- Establish and maintain Human Resources systems, practices, activities, and policies relating both to paid staff and non-vocational elders and deacons. These policies should protect both staff and the church from any potential liability as well as providing
a high-quality, morale-building work environment.
3) Campus Operations and Management
- Oversight of campus staff and facilities personnel
- Ministry setup, maintenance, janitorial
- Management of campus development projects
- Oversight of campus related contracts
- Oversight of physical campus assets
- Oversee and maintain IT infrastructure in partnership with external services company.
4) Oversight of Office Staff
- Overall resourcing of support staff
- Direct oversight of front desk and other support staff
- The Operations Lead is a full-time exempt position.
- Full benefits for the employee and family are included.
- Continuing education benefit (including partnership with Western Seminary in Portland, OR)
- Salary is reviewed annually.
- Annual performance evaluation provided by the lead pastor.