MINISTRY POSITION: Our youth pastor will be a disciple maker with a heart for Christ and a passion for students, who is committed to life-transforming ministry with youth. He will provide a lead connection point for youth in our church
family and community. Our aim is to see teens led into a vital personal walk with Christ that equips them to live boldly for Christ immediately, equipped for serving in the church presently, while laying a solid foundation for their faith life as adults.
1. To model Christ-like loving maturity to the youth, their parents, and the church on a consistent basis.
2. To disciple youth and adult leadership into a loving maturity through small group ministries, practical Bible teaching, personal relationship and involvement in ministry.
3. To assist the students in trusting Christ as life, and seeking out God’s will for their life in relationships, ministry, education, and vocation.
4. To recruit, equip, and supervise volunteer adult leadership for disciple making with teens through one-on-one relationships and regularly scheduled training meetings.
5. To guide the youth into developing a lifestyle of influence and outreach that effectively communicates the gospel locally and globally.
6. To build encouraging relationships with parents, providing equipping input that assists them in fulfilling their primary discipleship roles through grace-based parenting.
7. To coordinate the administration of youth ministry 6th-12th grade; working with the lead pastor at incorporating youth into our church family’s life and ministry.
8. To potentially serve in other capacities per gifts and abilities
(worship, small groups, and children’s ministry).
We desire a team player with strong relational and small group skills, who is a capable teacher with a heart for service. We seek a man who will love youth and adult leaders personally, while equipping them for participating in the ministry by his sharing
in ministry. We desire a man gripped by grace, with a shepherd’s heart who loves Jesus zealously, serves Him faithfully, and works with accountability. We are looking for a man growing in maturity like an elder, with youth ministry experience. A Bible College
diploma or a degree related to ministry is preferred; musical ability for leading youth in worship is a plus.
We currently see this as a part-time position in youth requiring an investment of 25 hours per week. Persons with additional ministry abilities matching JPBC needs could receive an immediately full-time position or an additional part-time position for a
spouse. Faithful development of the youth work could lead to a full-time position in youth. Compensation will depend upon abilities, experience, and education. We reimburse staff for professional expenses and provide for attendance at an annual conference.