The Youth Minister lives with a passion to see students (Grades 6 - College Age) growing together in Christ and living compassionately in the world.
The Youth Minister possesses:
- A deep love for Jesus Christ and His people
- A heart for those who are searching
- A disciplined work ethic that thrives in a team based enviornment
- A creative eye and understanding of how to connect with students in our culture
- A self manager for personal spiritual growth and ministry objectives
- A strategic planner that always knows where he is going and the next step to get there
- A self awareness that leads to building teams to compliment his gifts
- Community: Develop small group communities where students are cared for through deepening relationships
- Outreach: Establish both missional and attractional outreach strategies balancing training believers to reach friends/family and event oriented connection events
- Develop: Recruit and equip volunteers to be ministers to students
- Develop: Volunteers and students into ministry leaders to accomplish the mission
- A mature believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel with the ability and passion to clearly communicate it.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Effective communication skills.
- Commitment to spiritual integrity, moral purity and healthy relationships.
- Teachable, responsive and always seeking to develop.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Able to mentor and develop leaders with wisdom and grace.
- Commitment to the community of FCC through regular attendance, participation in Life Groups and in giving.
- Agreement and commitment to FCC's: mission, vision and values.
- 4 year degree from a recognized Bible College.
- Experience working with High School Students preferred.
- Disciple Making: Develop a growth pathway for students that will begin for the pre-Christian and leads to a Student leader.
- Worship: Develop dynamic midweek large group worship experiences including contemporary worship band, Bible teaching for students (Grades 6-12).
- Oversee Student Leadership meetings and functions
- Display effective communication (students, families, staff, church) through: personal communication, visits, checkins, monthly newsletters, calendars, hound-outs/flyers. Youth Minister will also be responsible for maintaining and updating student website
- Make a commitment to attending various student activities (concerts, athletic events, school activity competitions, etc.).
- Plan/organize/ and conduct at least one "Big Event" each month (on average)
- In addition to midweek Youth Group preaching, prepare Sunday-School sessions each week (grades 6-12).
- Coordinate and organize student transportation (for midweek programming)
- Plan, organize and coordinate various trips (CIY, Mission Trips, Concerts, Camps, etc.)
- Counsel students as needed
- Conduct regular (1/month) Student Leadership Team Meeting
- Conduct quarterly Adult Leader Team meetings