Are you a proven, strategic, church leader, who can effectively cast vision and lead, challenge, encourage, and shepherd a growing, dynamic staff?
Are you a relational shepherd who is passionate about seeing people come to know Jesus personally, growing spiritually, giving their lives away to impact their community, and ultimately reaching the world with the truth and hope of Jesus Christ?
Would you relish the opportunity to serve alongside our lead pastor and be part of the collaborative leadership team that set the goals, vision and mission of a dynamic ministry model that will soon go to a multi-site strategy?
Our ideal candidate for this full time executive level role will be a strong, gifted leader, who leads from a passionate, relational, pastor's heart. This person needs to be an innovative thinker with a proven track record and a savvy business and strategic
mind, balancing an eye for details with the capacity to see the big picture. Experience serving at a senior level in a large church setting is vital to this role. With key Spiritual Gifts of Leadership, Administration, Communication, Shepherding, and Teaching,
this individual will serve alongside our Lead Pastor, working together to set, drive, and implement the strategic vision for Elevate Church.
The full job description is included below:
Functional Title: Executive Pastor
Organizational Title: Executive Pastor / Teaching & Discipleship
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Classifications: Pastoral Staff / Full Time / Salaried / Exempt
The Executive Pastor is responsible for the effective day-to-day implementation of the vision, mission, motive, and core values of Elevate Church, ensuring staff health, fiscal responsibility, on-going leadership development and strategic ministry growth
and expansion. As such, this position provides leadership to the Executive Leadership Team; leads, manages, develops and cares for the Church Staff; and oversees the integration of the ministries of Elevate Church in a manner that supports our strategic direction.
In addition to spiritual maturity, the gifts important to the fulfillment of this position include: Leadership, Administration, Communication, Shepherding, and Teaching.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the recruiting, hiring, development, and overall health of the church staff
- Functions as the key contact and final authority for decisions, processes and policies relating to the day-to-day management and functioning of the church staff
- Resources, develops, and trains staff to effectively implement the vision and mission of the church through their individual ministries
- Provides trainings for church staff on key areas of personal and ministry development, which may include but is not limited to: recruiting and retaining volunteers, conflict resolution, conducting effective meetings, change management, and principles
of effective teams
- Oversees annual employee Performance Review and Mid-Year Check-in processes
- Serves as an authority in addressing personnel matters; hiring, creating new positions, repositioning and dismissing employees, performance issues, and staff discipline
- Leads general staff meetings to clarify and execute strategic goals and ministry objectives
- Casts vision and engages with the XLT to set the direction of the church and make decisions on issues related to church management
- Oversees and implements the strategic execution of all XLT initiatives, including ministry evaluation, goal setting and continued church-wide and ministry development
- Facilitates the annual strategic planning process with XLT, leading to the setting of specific, and measurable annual goals
- Facilitates and oversees the annual 18-month calendaring process to assure healthy balance is maintained while church wide and ministry specific goals are being met
- Oversees the development and management of annual church budget, working in close collaboration with the CFO and XLT
- Regularly evaluates the health and effectiveness of the staff and individual ministries
- Serves as the primary advocate for promoting and implementing the vision, mission, motive and core values of Elevate Church
- Maintains consistent focus on the church’s code (core values)(Jesus is our message)(People are our Heart)(Generosity is our Privilege)(Excellence is our Calling)(Passion is our Pursuit)
- Oversees and implements Elevate Church small groups (coach and leader training)
- Oversees Crash Course
- Casts vision and implements overall church ministry strategy with Serve Team Leaders for the church
- Develops annual budget with input and assistance from team members; manages one church finances within budgetary constraints
- Provides top level oversight of church budget and financial condition at all times
- Serves as the ambassador for church-wide policies and procedures
- Regular & Ongoing - prayer, shepherding/discipleship, ministry staff-on-call support, small leader and coach support
- As needed/directed – counseling, teaching, evangelism/outreach, weddings, funerals, baptism, baby dedications, missions trips
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS DIRECTED BY THE LEAD PASTOR
- The Executive Pastor agrees to take on additional responsibilities as directed by the supervisor and as necessary for the continued development of the ministry of Elevate Church. These responsibilities will most likely be added according to the gifts,
passions and talents of the employee, designed to address the growing and changing needs of the ministry team and may be added at the initiative and discretion of the supervisor.
- Reports to the Lead Pastor
- Operates as a member of the Executive Lead Team
- Supervises the Executive Lead Team members (Directors & Coordinators)
- Maintains positive relationships with community organizations, community leaders, other church leaders
- Submits to the Lead Pastor and Board of Trustees of Elevate Church
- Bachelor’s degree or Graduate Degree required in either ministry or business administration
- 5+ years of related experience required
- Proven as a high capacity, catalytic leader, with a track record of mobilizing teams or volunteers
- Experience recruiting, creating, developing, and deploying volunteer teams
- Flexibility in scheduled work hours based upon special events and regular weekend services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred – for use in a variety of settings from formal presentations and large community gatherings to information meetings to 1-on-1 discipleship opportunities
- Key spiritual gifts of Leadership, Administration, Shepherding, Communication, and Teaching
- A growing committed follower of Jesus Christ. (1 Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9)
- Willingness to live within a 20 mile radius from Elevate Church, for the purpose of participating in and experiencing community within the local church family
- Ability to comply with and support all policies, procedures, standards and statements outlined in the Employee Handbook, position papers and other governing documents created for Elevate Church