Joy Community Church is seeking to fill the Director of Youth Ministry/Youth Pastor position to help the congregation accomplish the mission of sharing the Good News of Jesus with as many people as possible and to grow in discipleship. This person will direct
and lead youth programing for Middle School and Senior High youth both in our own congregation and in our community.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, a healthy family life and can demonstrate a commitment to the local church. This person has a love for Christ, people and the church which is contagious. One who is capable
of creating and executing a long term vision and plan for youth ministry at Joy Community Church. One who is gifted and called to youth ministry, loves young people and has a passion for evangelism and outreach. One who understands and models a healthy concept
of purity. This person understands the power of social media and has historically practiced discernment in terms of their own social media posts. A self motivated leader who possesses relational skills with students, parents and staff. This person is a team
player. Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of the Director of Youth Ministries/Youth Pastor position.
1. Share the gospel of Jesus Christ and equip youth (6th -12th Grade) for ministry.
2. Develop relationships with the youth in the congregation and with youth in the community. Attends youth events outside of Joy for the purpose of establishing deep connections.
3. Direct and plan regular activities for the Joy Community Church youth group. This person must create environments where unchurched students can explore and check out faith while also equipping core youth to be on mission while they continue to grow in
faith and purpose. These activities must be communicated to the youth, families, Joy congregation, and the Director of Communications in a timely fashion using every communication channel available.
4. Recruit and train student and adult leaders to help with youth ministry. This person will continue to utilize partners at Joy who have a calling to be involved in youth ministry.
5. Provide regular communication to the elders, staff, parents and congregation about the status of youth ministry at Joy. This person will attend staff meetings and monthly elder meetings. This position will report directly to the senior pastor.
6. This position will require the candidate who is hired to become a partner at Joy Community Church and will demonstrate best effort pursuits of partner requirements including regular worship attendance, giving and serving at Joy Community Church.
Note: Worship Leadership a plus
The starting salary for this part time/bi-vocational position is $20,000.00 per year. There will be an expectation that this ministry will require 15-20 hours per week. It is our goal to see this position eventually grow into a full time ministry position.
How to Apply:
To learn more about Joy Community Church please visit our website at www.joycommunity.com . A resume and cover letter should be submitted to Joy Community Church at 810 Westwood Industrial Drive, Weldon Springs MO 63304 Attention: Director of Youth Ministry/Youth