The Associate Pastor of Music and Media will reach a diverse community by teaching, leading, and organizing the music, worship, and multimedia ministries of FBCLS.
Essential Job Functions:
The Associate Pastor of Music and Media will work with ministry teams, leaders, and musicians to develop, plan and implement music ministry vision. They will:
- Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of the church’s worship services under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
- Supervise all church instrumentalists, and communicate regularly with all music ministry teams, leaders, and musicians.
- Direct rehearsals for the church’s music groups including, but not limited to, the Adult Choir, Praise team, Praise Band, Children’s Choir, and Youth Band and Choir.
- Mentor and recruit emerging church musicians and music ministry leaders.
- Promote music ministry in the church and in the community.
The Associate Pastor of Music and Media will work with ministry teams, leaders, and musicians to develop, plan and implement multimedia ministry vision. They will:
- Collaborate with church leadership and staff to plan and execute technological aspects of the worship service (i.e. audio, lighting, live stream, video, graphics, equipment).
- Develop and maintain the church’s online and social media presence and oversee all communications that go from church congregation to its members and the community.
- Mentor and recruit emerging technology and multimedia ministry leaders.
- Communicate regularly with multimedia and technology ministry leaders, and conduct training sessions as needed.
- Coordinate with the Technology Team leader for sound and video needs, and troubleshoot a/v equipment issues as needed.
The Associate Pastor of Music and Media will work with church members and staff to support church vision. They will:
- Compile the order of worship for the Sunday worship bulletin and coordinate the music ministry calendar and emphasis of the church as scheduled through the Church Council.
- Ensure that ministry teams, leaders, and musicians follow church policies and procedures.
- Supervise maintenance to music library, music equipment, and a/v equipment
- Work with ministry teams, leaders, musicians, and the Stewardship Committee to develop a budget for music and multimedia ministries.
- Conduct biannual performance evaluations for direct-report staff. Work with the Senior Pastor to prepare a biannual performance self-evaluation.
4. Pastoral Care
Associate Pastor of Music and Media will:
- Conduct ministerial counseling sessions as needed.
- Conduct hospital and nursing home visitation.
- Assist with funerals as needed.
5. Complete other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Specific Skills Required
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be called of God to serve in the music and multimedia ministries of FBCLS.
- Abide by the membership covenant of First Baptist Church Lithia Springs.
- Abide by the Baptist Faith and Message in accordance with the Constitution and By-Laws of FBCLS.
- Be an excellent communicator who is able to utilize a variety of communication modes to reach a diverse population, and have excellent proofreading skills.
- Be able to develop positive and productive relationships with church staff and volunteers.
- Maintain working knowledge of the latest media technology.
- Have excellent planning, coordination, and organization skills.
- Have a working knowledge of major social media platforms and web design.
- Be knowledgeable in a variety of music styles and genres, and have excellent music reading skills.
- Be a skilled conductor and demonstrate proficiency in at least one musical instrument.
- Be proficient in music theory, and able to transpose and create new music arrangements as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements/Preferences:
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Church Music, Music Education, or equivalent, and a graduate level degree, preferably a seminary degree.
- Experience teaching, leading, and organizing music, worship, and multimedia ministries.
- Experience working with vocalists of varying ages/skill levels, conducting a variety of musical ensembles, and directing theatrical productions.
- Experience running sound and A/V hardware and software.
- Experience using social media and other technologies to reach people for Christ.
- Experience training and equipping church leaders.
- Experience supervising employees.
- Experience in conducting ministerial counseling sessions.