The Collective Church Children’s Pastor reports directly to the Senior Pastor, but also submits and defers to the Board of Directors.
- Is a follower of Jesus Christ
- Can pass a criminal background check
- Has a basic understanding of child development
- Has some past experience working or serving in Children’s Ministry
- Knowledge/experience working with children with disabilities, behavior challenges, and diverse backgrounds
The Collective Church Children’s Pastor is responsible for overseeing the church’s ministries to children in the following age groups:
- Babies / Nursery
- Grades K through 5
The duties of the Collective Church Children’s Pastor include but are not necessarily limited to-
- Ensure that classrooms function safely and consistently during Sunday morning services
- Schedule volunteers in classrooms for Sunday morning services
- Equip and empower volunteers to lead effectively in their respective classrooms
- Respond to the needs and concerns of the parents of children
- Respond to the needs and concerns of volunteers
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL COLLECTIVE CHURCH STAFF MEMBERS
- In representing Collective Church, always do your best to meet the needs of church members and guests (within reason)
- Show gratitude to volunteers, parents, and anyone else who helps you
- Clearly communicate needs and expectations to supervising pastor and team members
- Be vocally supportive of other church staff members, volunteers, and the Board of Directors. We are all on the same team, and we need to reflect that reality. We can disagree in meetings and in private discussions, but when a decision is made, staff members
are expected to present a united front, publicly supporting one another and the church leadership.
- Be respectful and kind toward everyone.
- Seek to resolve conflict with one another in a healthy, non-combative way.
- Self Care
- Take a weekly Sabbath (day off from working on church)
- If you are at church on Sunday, attend one service
- Be well rested when you arrive at church events
- Ask for help when needed
- Arrive on time to agreed-upon events.