IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR A STUDENT MINISTRIES PASTOR!
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING TO GET A FEEL FOR WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You are passionate about students pursuing the abundant life in Jesus because you love seeing transformed lives.
- Not content to see young people merely come to church or even make a decision to follow Jesus, you relentlessly pursue those who are far from God and tirelessly challenge them to become everything God created them to be.
- Status quo is not an option for you.
- You want to advance God’s kingdom and believe developing leaders and teams along with clearly executed systems and structures are key components to fulfilling God’s cause in the Student Ministries.
- You thrive on challenging goals and pour yourself into them.
- Plain and simple; the bigger the challenge, the harder you work.
- You love the local church and value people, especially your family.
SUMMARY OF EXPECTATIONS:
The Student Ministries Pastor is responsible for…
- Teaching, leading, developing and overseeing the Student Ministries at LifePointe: Junior High, High School and College-age
- Working in harmony with other staff members and ministry team leaders to fulfill the church’s vision and mission
- Growing a dynamic student ministry by:
- Attracting and connecting with students
- Recruiting and developing adult leaders
- Engaging parents
- Inspiring life change through outstanding teaching
- Creating a culture of community and service amongst students
The Student Ministries Pastor should demonstrate their ability to…
- Possess a strong commitment to team environment dynamics, with the ability to follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Take initiative; contribute expertise immediately
- Demonstrate multi-faceted leadership in pastoral, administrative and organizational roles.
The position reports to the Senior Pastor and is a key member of our leadership team, having input on church decisions. We are looking for someone to build upon a solid foundation within the Student Ministry and take it to the next level. A gifted communicator
will also have the opportunity to teach at our main weekend worship services.
A LITTLE HISTORY AND CONTEXT ON LIFEPOINTE CHRISTIAN CHURCH:
Located in Elk Grove, a suburb of Sacramento, California, LifePointe is a non-denominational Christian Church planted 14 years ago by the Senior Pastor, Chris Delfs, through
STADIA: New Church Strategies (www.stadia.cc). Visit our website at: lifepointe.org
We RELENTLESSLY pursue pointing people to the abundant, joy-filled life Jesus came to give us. Through a relational context, we pursue this abundant life by building GENUINE relationships with others – and developing a DEEPLY DEVOTED relationship with Jesus.
We preach the word with PASSION! In theology we are biblically conservative but in methodology, our approach is culturally relevant!
Our current Student Ministries Pastor is transitioning into the Adult Ministries Pastor. We have a solid student ministry in place with about 100 Junior High/High School students and a strong adult leadership team of about 24 people.
LifePointe stands on the edge of exciting opportunities and anticipates God bringing tremendous growth in the near future (both spiritually and numerically) within all our ministries. This person has the opportunity to help LifePointe take our next steps
so that we can make an even greater kingdom impact upon our community. So we need just the right person…….. and we’re praying – BIG TIME!
- Salary Negotiable (based on experience, education, family size, etc.)
- Full medical and dental provided for entire family
- Retirement plan provided
HOW TO APPLY:
View the full description of the Student Ministries Pastor on our website at: www.lifepointe.org/youth-pastor
If you are that special Student Ministries / Youth Pastor person, send us your resume, along with three references, and
a PERSONAL email of why you feel led to apply to:
We highly recommend you include any additional information with your resumé, such as:
- Audio or video samples of you leading a sermon or bible study
- Other media (YouTube video, social media information, photos, etc.)
- Character profiles such as Strengths Finder, DISC profile, Myers-Briggs, etc.
Please read details about the position on our website BEFORE you submit email and resume.
DO NOT APPLY directly through churchstaffing.com!!!!!