If you are interested in this position - please email link of you leading worship to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Summary: Assists in expressing the vision of Cornerstone by assuming the primary responsibilities in the presentation and production of all Cornerstone Worship Environments. This person is the strategic point leader
on the design and execution of all Cornerstone weekend and special worship experiences across all ages. This person must effectively lead, administrate and mobilize volunteers into teams that consistently provide creative, meaningful and emotionally evocative
experiences for children, student and adults.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and cast ministry area vision that supports the church-wide mission and vision and is appropriate for the target audience (i.e., for children, students, adults, and volunteers).
- Communicate and promote the vision expressed by the Lead Pastor and Governing Board as it applies to Worship Experiences. Communicate needs, concerns, and successes in fulfilling that vision to the Executive Pastor or Lead Pastor, as appropriate.
- Serve as primary leader of all Worship Teams.
- Programming and Structure:
- Worship Experiences
- Main worship leader at Sunday main services; main worship leader of Sunday evening student ministry worship; coach singers of worship leaders in Sunday children’s worship.
- Responsible to provide visionary and creative leadership to all Sunday and special worship experiences in ways that honor God, upholds the church’s mission, and supports the Lead Pastor’s leadership.
- Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to plan, develop, and oversee production for all Cornerstone worship experiences.
- Ensure high quality execution of all presentation and production inside each of Cornerstone’s worship environments.
- Non-Area Specific
- Assume responsibility for recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers to take on roles that they have agreed to serve in. Ensure that volunteers are encouraged and appreciated.
- Effectively plan and manage the budgets assigned to Worship Experiences.
- Assume responsibility for communicating to band and media volunteers through Planning Center.
- Oversee and maintain sound, video, lighting, stage production equipment, production booth and related software/hardware to control these systems.
- Meet continually with the Executive Pastor to evaluate the worship experiences to ensure alignment with the vision and mission of Cornerstone.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A four-year degree or working toward one is desired
- A minimum of two years of experience in worship ministry, demonstrating the ability to build teams and lead volunteers.
- Abide by the employee handbook and established church policies.
- Will be a regular attendee of Sunday worship services and involved in the church community life.
Evaluation and Compensation:
The Worship Experiences Director works directly under the Executive Pastor and receives an annual performance evaluation. Compensation is reviewed annually.