Professional Responsibilities (What do we expect you to do?):
- Oversee, promote, and lead weekly Junior High (JHM) and High School Ministries (HSM)
- Establish a growing and fruitful Young Adult Ministry
- Recruit, coordinate, disciple, and train a team of adult youth ministry volunteers
- Serve as a lead teacher during JHM and HSM
- Assimilate students into JHM and HSM
- Establish and maintain regular channels of communication with parents regarding youth ministry
- Plan, organize and execute major events per year (community outreach, retreat(s), and a mission trip)
- Coordinate and lead a quarterly meeting to inform and equip parents to disciple their child
- Attend church services (including special services) and a weekly community group through HBCJ
- Complete other duties as assigned
Personal Characteristics (Who do we expect you to be?):
- Maintain a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed personal Bible study, scripture memorization, and prayer.
- Maintain proper spiritual priorities.
- Continually seek to grow and be willing to engage in a culture of feedback
- Prioritize personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Faithfully support the ministries of the church through stewardship of spiritual gifts, finances and time.
- Be passionate about and able to build positive relationships with all members of church staff and lay volunteers
- Must profess Jesus Christ as personal savior and display fruit of His sanctifying work in everyday life
- Bachelor’s degree and seminary training preferred