Calvary Tabernacle Church (‘CT’) is looking for qualified candidates to apply for the Campus Pastor position. Please find below the instructions for applying followed by a brief description of the role and background on the church.
We are accepting applications for the Campus Pastor role with an immediate opening. We have established a process for applying designed to be effective and fair, with well-defined deliverables. If you want to be seriously considered for the role, please
adhere to the process outlined below with considerable care and detail orientation.
Step One: Qualification Assessment
Please carefully review the detailed description for the role and ensure that you qualify for all essential requirements. Our church is a well-established congregation with more than ninety-four years of faithful legacy, and as we enter a season of growth,
it is critical that only qualified candidates apply.
Step Two: Cover Letter
Please take the time to construct a well-crafted reply to the following questions:
- How will you contribute to Calvary’s vision to expand the Kingdom?
- Tell us about a time when you had to exhibit strong leadership skills to solve a problem/challenge in your church and what were the results?
- Tell us about how God has impacted your life?
The cover letter should be no longer than one page, include key details and well-honed answers that are grammatically proficient. Please keep each answer to 250 words or less.
Step Three: Resume/CV Submittal
Please prepare your detailed resume/cv with a clear statement of qualification, all contact details and descriptions of all roles you have held in church leadership. Please include detailed dates of employment, whom you reported to, your primary responsibilities
and please outline your contribution to the growth and health of the ministry in which you served. Please also provide details on your education and any other interests or roles that would further validate your qualification. Specifically, we would like
to understand your leadership capabilities and your unique gifts and their successful application to a growing church.
Step Four: References
Please have several references prepared on your behalf with specific contact details. That person should list how they know you, in what capacity you have worked together and be specific with their reference in terms of your capabilities as a leader, shepherd
and speak to your teaching/preaching skills and character. Please have them include both phone numbers and email addresses. We are specifically looking for three references as follows:
- A current leader or someone whom you report into. This could be the Senior Pastor or similar position at your current church/ministry, an Elder board member or other that would have keen insights
into your ability to lead and participate in ministry;
- A peer that currently works with you in ministry. This should include someone that works with you on a highly-engaged team with more than one-year of experience working together; and
- A personal reference that can speak to your gifts, passions and character. This cannot be your spouse or other immediate relative, but should be someone that has known you for a long period
The references should be written and although we do not have a page or word limit, it’s good practice to have them keep it to about one page.
Step Five: Submittal
Once you have reviewed the detail role description and validated your fit, have crafted your cover letter with answers to the three questions above, prepared your resume/cv and collected your references; please submit everything as follows:
- Include your full name in the footer of every document including the cover letter, resume/cv and reference letters;
- PDF all documents so they remain in the appropriate format when submitted;
- Send an email to SearchCommittee@caltab.church with the subject line: ‘Application for CT Campus Pastor_Your Name_Date’
- Please submit the document as one attachment: cover letter + resume/cv + references as one continuous, formatted attachment.
All applications are due no later than Saturday, May 6, 2017 (11:59 PM). Applications received after this date will not be considered. You will be contacted no later than May 13, 2017 to schedule an interview (either in person or via Skype or FaceTime)
if you are being considered for the position.
**Church overview and role description are below.
Calvary Tabernacle Church (“CT”) is a ninety-five-year-old, Pentecostal Christian Church located in the heart of Schenectady, NY. We have a well-established congregation of about 300 and own our campus which includes a modern, state of the art sanctuary
that can seat upwards to 500, a youth gym, full scale children’s ministry with classrooms and gathering spaces and ample offices and conference rooms.
We are spirit-filled, biblically bound and have cast a new vision to grow our local church and plant out. We have established a new relational and organizational alignment with Liberty Church out of South Africa (http://mylibertychurch.org) and have a full
functioning, mature Eldership team with an operational staff of five and a clear, concise vision and plan. The Campus Pastor will be plugging into an already healthy and functioning team and will be responsible for carrying the vision and implementing the
Please visit www.caltab.church for further details and information on our church.
Campus Pastor Role
The Campus Pastor (‘CP’) will be the top organizational and spiritual leader at CT, reporting into the Elder team with responsibilities for running the day-to-day church, leading and managing the staff, overseeing all ministries, developing the team and
a robust volunteer ministry. The CP will be responsible for carrying the vision, developing and implementing strategy, building high performing teams, be the primary Preacher/Teacher, shepherd and care for the congregation while also executing on the budget.
This following demonstrated attributes are essential for this role:
- Pastoral/Shepherding Gift and Passion: the candidate should have demonstrated evidence of significant pastoral/shepherding experience, with a passion and love for people. The right person will have an undying love for caring for, disciplining
and building deep relationships with the congregation and their families. This person will be passionate about visitations, praying for others and seeing people grow and graft into the life of the church.
- Team and Organizational Leadership: the candidate will have a solid track record of carrying vision, building teams, developing and implementing strategy, leading from the front and executing growth. The right person will display the spiritual
gift of leadership in addition to the following attributes:
- Positive Energy: energetic, encouraging, exhorting and a “can-do” attitude;
- Passion: someone that has a deep calling to the local church and can attract new salvations, world class staff and volunteers;
- Ability to energize others: a consummate team player who can lead and inspire staff, volunteers and congregation members;
- Edge: someone who can make bold decisions, take risks and grow an organization with a firm biblical foundation; and
- Talent to execute: someone that can make things happen!
- Strong Preacher/Communicator: the candidate will have a demonstrated history of passionate, inspiring, deep and biblically sound preaching/teaching to both large and small groups of people. This person will have a seasoned preaching/teaching
ministry with international speaking experience a plus.
- Technological Expertise: the candidate will understand the power of using media/visuals/technology to deliver a highly engaging church experience and will have demonstrated proficiency in using these tools effectively. During the interviewing
process, CT will review/listen to and/or watch several preaching/teaching examples from the candidate and will look for effective communication skills and integration of technology, media and other tools.
- Heart for people
- Leader who can oversee other shepherds
- Team building/delegation skills, able to mobilize volunteers and teams
- Strategically driven
- Works well within a team
- Autonomous, self-starter
- Engaging on a relational basis
- Able to understand and inspire shared vision/values
- Develop volunteer and staff leaders
- Work out processes;
- Solve problems and make decisions;
- Lead/coach and manage the team;
- Build relationships across demographics and nationalities
- Is a strong communicator
- Write, communicate and preach;
- Able to connect with and reach achievers, people who are excelling, business people, professionals, young families.
- 10+ years in growing church leadership;
- Actively participated in the growth of a church in a similar context;
- Congregation size: 2-3x CT’s size
- Urban, diversified church
- Other attributes:
- Submission to Elder board/leadership team
- Versatile, agile and able to adapt to changing situations
- Family man/woman
- Theological grounding, demonstrated understanding of the Bible