Do you love children and youth and are you committed to seeing them learn, grow, and come to follow Jesus? Are you passionate about developing new leaders and volunteers to positively impact the community for God? Do you enjoy creating environments that
are fun, safe, and inviting for children and youth? Are you passionate about coming alongside parents and providing the resources and support they need to succeed as godly leaders in their homes? Do you have an uncompromising commitment to reaching unchurched
children, youth, and their families? Do you want to live in a suburban-rural setting that still values community and family? Do you want to help an outreach focused church continue reaching its community? If so we would like to hear from you.
Pequea Church is a Brethren In Christ Congregation of approximately 475 attenders in a suburban-rural area of Southern Lancaster County, PA. We are hiring for the position of Next Generation Pastor/Director.
Children and youth are a vital part of our church; so, we are looking for a gifted leader to provide vison and direction to this important role on our staff. This person will not only love children and youth but will also be passionate about developing new
leaders and volunteers.
The prospective Next Generation Pastor/Director will lead the children’s and youth ministries of Pequea Church. The position will oversee the volunteers of each of these areas in administering, envisioning, and developing the comprehensive programming elements
of each ministry. The role will also ensure successful implementation and alignment with the overall vision of the church in these ministries.
The Next Generation Pastor/Director will lead a partnership with laypersons and parents to develop spiritual growth among those in the church ages 18 and younger. The Director will seek to create a healthy balance between achieving excellence and industriousness
in use of time and resources, to ensure long-term stability for the ministry areas of oversight. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong work ethic that speaks to collaboration and receptivity.
The successful candidate for this position will be highly relational, with complementary skills in strategic development and teaching. They will possess a pioneering spirit with a strong desire to nurture, expand, and maximize the potential of the children’s
and youth ministries of Pequea Church. The successful candidate will possess a foundational understanding of children’s and youth ministries, relational management, and ministry development to effectively meet, achieve, and exceed all position related responsibilities.
- Work closely with volunteers in the children’s and youth ministry to develop and implement key programs including Sunday morning and mid-week programs.
- Recruit, train and support volunteer leaders, teachers and helpers for these ministry areas.
- Build intentional relationships with parents of children and youth.
- Conduct background checks and keep records secure and updated for all children and youth ministry volunteers.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Provide clear and regular communication with church staff and parents.
- Other duties as assigned by the pastor.
The Ideal Candidate Will Demonstrate The Following:
- A vibrant faith, knowledge of the Bible and a strong public discipleship.
- A solid commitment to Southern Lancaster County.
- A passion for children and youth – reaching them and seeing them come to Christ.
- The ability to work effectively, positively, and cooperatively as a member of a staff team.
- An ability to teach effectively in small and large groups.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched.
- The ability to take risks.
- A commitment to not let anything fall through the cracks.
- The ability to interact enthusiastically, graciously, and responsibly with people of all ages.
- A high commitment to the local church.
- The ability to creatively develop and lead programs and events.
- A teachable attitude, with a desire to grow in faith and skills.
- A working knowledge of child development and current youth culture.
- Organizational and administrative skills.
- The willingness to be a giving and connected member of Pequea Church.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 4 to 5 years of experience in Children and Youth ministry with experience in leadership.
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field.
The Next Generation Pastor/Director position requires flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. The position is full time and salaried based upon forty (40) hours per week. The actual number of hours required during any given week are those needed
to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that the schedule may vary at different times of the year.
Accountability and Supervision:
The Next Generation Pastor/Director will be under the supervision of the Lead Pastor and accountable to the Church Board of Directors and the mission of Pequea Church.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) along with health insurance coverage and retirement contribution. Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and note
Next Generation Pastor/Director Search in the subject line. All applicants will receive an acknowledgement of their application, and select candidates will be asked to provide further information. The position will remain open until a suitable
candidate is found.