The mission of Mentor United Methodist Church is to lead all onto a path of Christ-centered discipleship. We are looking for a leader who inspires our worship team to join in the pursuit of that vision while creating dynamic, meaningful worship
as our new
Director of Modern Worship- iConnect
- Faithful Christian leader committed the collaborative process of creating worship that is visionary and diverse while helping usher people into the Presence of God.
- Ideally full time, with 2-4 years in a music education or leadership position, preferably experience with worship bands and modern worship.
- Proficient with technology in worship and the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, and video projection (Worship Planning and Media Shout helpful)
- Strong organizing, planning, and coordinating skills and the ability/willingness to use a team approach to create music ministries with both trained and untrained musicians.
1. Grow the worship team by recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians/vocalists in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and compassion to invest in the lives of others.
2. Lead weekly rehearsals that prepare for Sunday and cultivate a Christ-centered community while providing creative and technical guidance to the band, vocalists, sound, & AV team. Attend, participate and assist at the 9 & 11 am iConnect worship services.
3. Schedule musicians, vocalists, announcers and music using Worship Planning with a rolling month lead time.
4. Work with iConnect Lead Team to develop meaningful modern worship including planning & scheduling of all special elements (Visuals, dance, drama, video, stage design, prayer and communion.)
5. Select music, develop worship sets, purchase and introduce new music, for the iConnect service.
6. Explore and suggest creative elements and musical options for possible use in worship.
7. Work with the whole church staff team to advance the mission of the congregation.
Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
Who we are:
Mentor UMC is a large suburban church, east of Cleveland, that offers both traditional and modern worship (iConnect). We have approximately 1600 members, with a weekly attendance of approximately 600.
Interested Candidates: Please submit your resume in PDF or Word form, including 3 references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Attention Director of Modern Worship Search Committee” as the subject line of your email. Also, please include links
to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos. A full job description will be provided to you upon application.
Please visit our website at mentorumc.org.