- A clear call and gift for leading worship.
- Experience in recruiting, building, bonding, and leading a worship team.
- Substantial experience and emphasis in leading modern worship.
- A working knowledge of both modern and traditional worship.
- Experience in planning and leading.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A graceful and constructive response to suggestions, questions, and feedback.
- College preferred, not essential.
The Primary Responsibility and Top Priority in this position is leading as FCC’s
worship and creative pastor.
Worship/Creative Pastor’s Duties
- Assist the Lead Pastor in planning services and be responsible for selecting the music.
- Lead our worship team and, through them, the people of FCC, in a Christ Centered worship service.
- Recruit, train, and lead a well trained, well rehearsed worship team. This includes leading a regularly scheduled rehearsal on a designated week night.
- Supervise the work of volunteers connected with the FCC worship ministry.
- Stay informed on modern music methods, materials, and technology.
- Prepare an annual music budget, with the technology team leaders, reflecting the needs of the entire FCC Music ministry. This is done with assistance from the Elders, Pastor and ministry team leads.
- Assist other staff members in church wide events when needed and/or deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Periodically assess, stage design, video/audio and technology needs of the church.
- Occassional work with student ministry team.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor or Elders.