Creative Arts Director
Serve as artistic director of the music, dramatic arts, and dance and praise ministries. Recruit, hire and develop the Creative Arts team responsible for creating a meaningful Worship experience. Take vision/message as imparted by Senior Pastor and design
worship service presentations that reflect the spirit of New Life Covenant Southeast. Provide guidance and leadership to four leaders directly and up to 200 volunteers, including members of music, dance, and drama ministries. Approve content of performance
and contractual arrangements for guest artists. Manage budget.
- Meet with Senior Pastor to discuss sermon theme, goals, and visualization.
- Craft, in partnership with Senior Pastor, effective worship services.
- Works with Senior Pastor to develop and plan special services/events; leads participating ministries in the execution of special services.
- Work with Praise and Worship Team Leaders and Musical Director to select and schedule special music for worship and coordinate the presentation of worship through the worship team’s leaders. Should have a heart for those participating in worship services.
- Supervise leaders and volunteers. Must have ability to address technical and spiritual issues that may arise with the leaders and participants.
- Develop teams. Identify, recruit, and train gifted individuals and encourage those persons as they become involved in the Creative Arts Ministry..
- Work with Drama team to develop scripts plan performances including staging, casting, and execution.
- Conduct rehearsals, auditions, and workshops. Provide feedback and direction on performances.
- Meet with Sr. Director of Operations to plan and coordinate worship service events.
- Schedule musicians, singers, dancers, and other participants for Sunday, Thursday and special services.
- Manage budget and expenses related to departmental activities.
- Handle contract negotiations and compensation terms for guest artists, and paid staff.
- Coordinate integration of all media formats into worship service.
- Ensure the care, maintenance and inventory of all music, scripts, materials and equipment.
- Participate in weekly leadership meetings to review effectiveness of ministry programs held the prior week. Address and resolve any issues. Constantly raising the bar of excellence.
- Create a visual branding for NLC Creative Arts ministries.
- Works with the communications team to ensure consistency in messaging, branding and promotions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and support for the mission, vision, values, policies and procedures of NLC.
- Exemplify the spirit of NLC in all interactions.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience in planning, participating in and leading worship services.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, delegate, execute/follow through on projects and successfully evaluate for improvements.
- Musical proficiency.
- Must be flexible and able to work with all age groups.
- Strong creative writing abilities (scripts, plays, music, and commercials). Supervisory skills and the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Knowledge of the business aspects of performing arts.
- Knowledge of performance production.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to articulate creative concepts and rational to team members.
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree preferably in Performing Arts or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Artistic Director role in Arts or faith-based organization.
- Must have a background in performing arts (theater, music and/or dance).