Director of Student Ministry - Hillside Church of Marin
To apply please visit www.hillsidejob.com
Hillside Church of Marin in Corte Madera, CA is a great church just across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco. We're looking for someone to come be a part of a team of staff and focus on leading ministry to middle and high school students and their
We are looking for someone to write the next chapter in a decades long history of robust, outward focused student ministry in one of the most secular places in the United States. Over the past several years we’ve worked hard to build a healthy and sustainable
student ministry. We are looking for someone who gets the vision and can run with it. (Learn about the vision at hillsidejob.com)
The Director of Student Ministry will be the point person for student ministry; driving our vision for reaching middle and high school students with the gospel and helping them live out their faith.
As a member of the core leadership team of the church roughly 3/4 of this position will be devoted to student and family ministry while the remaining 1/4 will be devoted to church wide projects and other areas of need as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
You’ll thrive in this position if:
- You love students and have a passion for developing student leaders.
- You value working with a team and enjoy investing in adult volunteers.
- Cultural and contextual complexity excite you. (Easy bores you.)
- You are comfortable interacting with students who are not believers.
- You enjoy teaching and want to further develop your speaking abilities.
- You want to be a part of a healthy team together on mission.
- Creating exceptional environments where unchurched middle and high school students love to attend and churched students can grow in their relationship with God.
- Spending time meeting students on their turf and building relationships in the community.
- Leading a Sunday morning strategy for integrating students into the church as a whole in a manner that encourages Christian and non-Christian students to serve and grow.
- Planning and leading retreats and mission projects for students.
- Building healthy, trustworthy partnerships with parents, resourcing them with tools for faith formation at home, and providing care and counsel as needed.
- Teaching the truths of scripture in a compelling and relevant manner in a postmodern and post-Christian context.
- Serving the other Hillside staff members with humility, contributing whenever possible to a sense of team and cooperation.
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
- College Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of paid or volunteer experience in ministry with a record of leading events and programs for students
- Proven ability to recruit, develop and lead adult volunteers and leaders
- Strong speaking ability in a variety of contexts
- Tech savvy - Well versed in Mac and cloud based programs
- An authentic, active walk with Christ that fuels ministry
- A self-starter with a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to think big picture and strategy without losing sight of details
- Team player demonstrating humility, and strong interpersonal skills
- A desire to learn and grow in family ministry
The Director of Student Ministry will report to the Lead Pastor and serve in partnership with the Pastor of Children and Families to form Hillside Family Ministry.
Information on compensation will be discussed early in the application process. We believe in investing in our staff. We also recognize this is one of the most expensive places in the country to live. With that in mind we have set compensation for this position
to meet the needs of a single person or a dual-income family. Compensation will include a base salary with health and dental insurance.
Please visit www.hillsidejob.com for more information and instructions on how to apply.