First United Methodist Church in Bloomington, Indiana is a large progressive church located four blocks from Indiana University. We are seeking an enthusiastic, Christ-centered leader to direct Jubilee, our college & young adult ministry.
The candidate would be responsible for the direction, leadership, and growth of Jubilee by fostering opportunities for young adults to grow together as individuals and as a community, continually encouraging them in their faith while guiding them forward.
The Director will also supervise a team of paid student interns working through a two-year vocational discernment program who will be responsible for implementing the ministry vision laid out by the Director. One of the primary areas of focus will be the
development of an effective small-group ministry for Jubilee. The Director is a direct report to the First Methodist Pastors.
- Deliver programming that lives out the vision of the church community —to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world— and engage college students and young adults in the ongoing discernment and accomplishment of this vision.
- Develop, implement, and grow the small group ministry within Jubilee.
- Help young adults transition from passive attendees to excited and active Christ-followers who use their gifts and talents to build the Kingdom of God.
- Lead Jubilee Outreach Ministry which includes an annual spring break mission trip.
- The position requires dynamic commitment to mentoring Jubilee students spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically as active followers of Christ while cultivating a strong teaching ministry.
- The director must be an active participant at First Methodist, our contemporary Open Door service, and faith communities within Bloomington.
- Proficient communicator including but not limited to: the majority of social media platforms, email, oral, written and visual communications. Must possess Microsoft Office and some Adobe skills.
- Establish a yearly Jubilee budget and manage all expenditures.
- Possess outstanding organizational skills while constantly maintaining and updating information for all Jubilee members.
- Attend weekly staff and ministry meetings.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree, preferably in related field.
- Energetic and passionate in dealing with college age students & young adults.
- Able to place and lead programming, while building teams of volunteers.
- Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Highly relational; able to communicate one-on-one and in large groups with people of all ages.
- Experienced and sensitive in dealing with the emotional and developmental needs of college students & young adults.
- Effective at dealing with conflict.
- Enthusiastic about working as a supportive member of a Christ-centered, mission-driven, high-trust ministry team.
Applicants must have Wednesday evening and Sunday morning availability.
This is a full time position without health benefits, but pension contributions are available after 1 year of service.
Salary is dependent on experience, education, and skill set of the candidate.
Desired start date is June 1, 2017.
Please submit resume, along with references, to Shelby Rodney at email@example.com. Please contact Shelby if you have questions.